Fraudulent firearms web site?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone out there familiar with an on line firearms web site called TAURUS FIREARMS? I'm not referring to Taurus the gun manufacturer. This on line company sells(?) firearms of all kinds. I was searching for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm pistol caliber carbine and I happened on to their web site. They had the gun I was looking for so I decided to purchase it. The purchase price was $350.00 plus 20 dollars shipping. The company lists an address of 101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070. I could not find their phone number or email address under the contact section of their site. I did a search of the company name and address and I came up with a company called Midwest Gun Works
1101 Mason Cir, S, Pevely, MO 63070. I called them and was informed that their was no company under the name of Taurus Firearms at that address. They also said that they believed the company I was talking about was a fraudulent web site. I have advised my credit card company but they said their is nothing they can do until a charge is posted and then I can dispute it. Has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with this so called company.

Last edited:

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call your CC back and tell them to cancel the card and reissue a new number before something bad happens
This! Your card information could be all over the "dark web". So when charges come it won't just be 1 or 2, it could be dozens and take a lot of effort to clean up.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call your CC back and tell them to cancel the card and reissue a new number before something bad happens
This! Your card information could be all over the "dark web". So when charges come it won't just be 1 or 2, it could be dozens and take a lot of effort to clean up.
Yep, cancel that card ASAP.

/\ What they said. Get that card canceled. Call your CC company and tell them the card # has been compromised.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a high dollar deer decoy in September and had a bad feeling once I hit "order" and no receipt came. I called the site and of course it rang and no one answered. I cancelled the card and slept a lot better that evening.

It ended up being a fraudulent site and hope you do the same.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife got bit by one. It was one those giant outdoor playgrounds with the slide and swings. But I noticed Little Tikes was spelled wrong, too late.
We were charged twice, got the charges reversed and reissued numbers.
A month later the seller shipped her a fake Burberry scarf of all things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom