Fraudulent firearms web site?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep got burnt at work trying to order a yeti cooler. called the card co right after i hit pay of course i had to wait and give the seller an opportunity to ship but my card company was aware of situation . got a red poker chip in a manila envelope of all things in the mail. after that the card company took the money back from the seller.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is anyone out there familiar with an on line firearms web site called TAURUS FUREARMS?
My first thought when I saw Taurus Fireamrs was... not likely. The real Taurus would be all over that.
"Fireamrs?" Read the post! It's TAURUS "FUREARMS" ... :D

Lol, sorry. Couldn't resist.
:drunk2:
___

TonyaB

New to the site!
Reaction score
Is anyone out there familiar with an on line firearms web site called TAURUS FUREARMS? I'm not referring to Taurus the gun manufacturer. This on line company sells(?) firearms of all kinds. I was searching for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm pistol caliber carbine and I happened on to their web site. They had the gun I was looking for so I decided to purchase it. The purchase price was $350.00 plus 20 dollars shipping. The company lists an address of 101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070. I could not find their phone number or email address under the contact section of their site. I did a search of the company name and address and I came up with a company called Midwest Gun Works
1101 Mason Cir, S, Pevely, MO 63070. I called them and was informed that their was no company under the name of Taurus Firearms at that address. They also said that they believed the company I was talking about was a fraudulent web site. I have advised my credit card company but they said their is nothing they can do until a charge is posted and then I can dispute it. Has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with this so called company.
It is a scam. A play on a gun store's name in North GA. The owners of the local store has talked to police about it. The police told the owners of our local store only the people being scammed can file complaints. Our local store knows of many who have lost money on the scam site. The website is a play on local business and the address they use is a play on a real business in MO, the address is one number off. Georgia Gun STORE in Gainesville,GA is real, GA Gun "Shop" is a scam. Georgia Gun Store is family owned, have done business with them and recommend. Something felt off when they had the gun I was looking for in stock and cheap.

Cstoddard

Marksman
Reaction score
Another way to tell if its a legit business is if they list an address, look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth. Then look at the street view of the business and see if they have a sign. I have found several non legit companies that way.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As AKguy stated above do your due diligence Just don't let a good deal pass you by. I recently found a "too good to be true deal" on gun.deals/today web site. Purchased a Vortex scope for about 40% off from a camera company back east. I was reluctant at first but was able to find their Google reviews, and BBB ratings. Was still a little nervous until it showed up exactly as advertised. I even went back and gave them my own positive review. There are good deals out there, so are the scammers. Take time to check them out, and only pay with a credit card you can dispute.

Latest posts

Top Bottom