Fraudulent firearms web site?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As AKguy stated above do your due diligence Just don't let a good deal pass you by. I recently found a "too good to be true deal" on gun.deals/today web site. Purchased a Vortex scope for about 40% off from a camera company back east. I was reluctant at first but was able to find their Google reviews, and BBB ratings. Was still a little nervous until it showed up exactly as advertised. I even went back and gave them my own positive review. There are good deals out there, so are the scammers. Take time to check them out, and only pay with a credit card you can dispute.
Focus Camera? They post on Reddit quite a bit about their deals. I generally double check websites against ones shared on r/gundeals as they find some obscure ones that are good. And anything that wants payment in Crypto gets a hard pass from me.

joegiovengo

New to the site!
Reaction score
Is anyone out there familiar with an on line firearms web site called TAURUS FIREARMS? I'm not referring to Taurus the gun manufacturer. This on line company sells(?) firearms of all kinds. I was searching for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm pistol caliber carbine and I happened on to their web site. They had the gun I was looking for so I decided to purchase it. The purchase price was $350.00 plus 20 dollars shipping. The company lists an address of 101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070. I could not find their phone number or email address under the contact section of their site. I did a search of the company name and address and I came up with a company called Midwest Gun Works
1101 Mason Cir, S, Pevely, MO 63070. I called them and was informed that their was no company under the name of Taurus Firearms at that address. They also said that they believed the company I was talking about was a fraudulent web site. I have advised my credit card company but they said their is nothing they can do until a charge is posted and then I can dispute it. Has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with this so called company.
Yes I tried to purchase a rifle from them. I realized that they didn't ask for a FFL dealer. So I knew they were a scam. I had to call my credit card immediately and they put a block on the card. Scamming assholes should be hung.. luckily they didn't take any money. I'm sorry for your situation

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Another way to tell if its a legit business is if they list an address, look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth. Then look at the street view of the business and see if they have a sign. I have found several non legit companies that way.
to be fair, google street photos aren't updated immediately and it is possible to have an established business with photos of the old business, etc.
you can upload your own photos on your listing, but if using maps or google earth i *think* the default pictures are timestamped, and maybe be up to a year old.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I tried to purchase a rifle from them. I realized that they didn't ask for a FFL dealer. So I knew they were a scam. I had to call my credit card immediately and they put a block on the card. Scamming assholes should be hung.. luckily they didn't take any money. I'm sorry for your situation
They didn't get any money from me either thankfully. I agree though.....Hanged by the neck until dead!!!

ARobb

New to the site!
Reaction score
Is anyone out there familiar with an on line firearms web site called TAURUS FIREARMS? I'm not referring to Taurus the gun manufacturer. This on line company sells(?) firearms of all kinds. I was searching for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm pistol caliber carbine and I happened on to their web site. They had the gun I was looking for so I decided to purchase it. The purchase price was $350.00 plus 20 dollars shipping. The company lists an address of 101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070. I could not find their phone number or email address under the contact section of their site. I did a search of the company name and address and I came up with a company called Midwest Gun Works
1101 Mason Cir, S, Pevely, MO 63070. I called them and was informed that their was no company under the name of Taurus Firearms at that address. They also said that they believed the company I was talking about was a fraudulent web site. I have advised my credit card company but they said their is nothing they can do until a charge is posted and then I can dispute it. Has anyone ever heard of or had any experience with this so called company.
Thank you neokshooter, for placing this online. I have been looking at a Ruger Revolver on Taurus-firearmsonline and came close to ordering it but held off. I am glad I read your your comments. Saved me money. I thought the pricing was too good to be true.
Al

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

cedarcantoo

Marksman
Reaction score
Lookinlikafool! I got burned by Taurus-Firearms.com. On 06/10/22, I ordered a purple ruger mark iv 22/45 lite $430 on my credit card & they immediately sent me some weird PayPal info. I called my bank. Killed the card. This site appears legit, but phone numbers don't work & all links take you back to shopping page. Pretty sure once PayPal gets approval, fake taurus gets paid. Not a fan of PayPal. I won't be plinking in purple anytime soon. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom