Freaking Ford Dealership. ^%$$@#@@!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Dad was a big Dodge/Chrysler guy. He had bought 5 brand new vehicle from Meltons in Claremore. 1 car and 5 1 ton duallys to pull his 5th wheel RV. The 5th one had major computer/electronics issues. The strung him along till the warranty period elapsed and then it was "so sad, too bad."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had Fords, Chevys', Teeeyotas, Datsuns, a Buick, a Pontiac, and a Fiat X19. That Fiat is a whole different story. It was painted correctly, Lemon Yellow.

All these cars and trucks I had were cared for by me, dealerships, and private mechanics. If I didn't have the tools, it went to a mechanic. If he didn't have the capability, it went to the dealer.

My point, all dealers and mechanics are just people. Corporate policies and lackadaisical dealership attitudes with apparently poor communication are the root of all dealership problems. Believe me, all dealerships have problems.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Toyota customer service is not what it used to be, found that out with that damn 2022 tundra I had for 4 months, never again, unless its a 2016 thru 2019 tundra. Otherwise no thank you.

I ditched that tundra for a silverado and have not looked back. Got my ass handed to me in trade but knew that going in, but I will not pay for a vehicle that the manufacture will not repair and I do not like.

Now the 4runner I had before the tundra in all honesty I should have kept, great vehicle but I need a pick up more. Live and learn.

Toyota is riding on a reputation built many years ago, and its starting to wear out.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Toyota customer service is not what it used to be
My old boss had an '06 Camry (that he bought new) that had transmission issues of which Toyota was aware, but they apparently had no interest in fixing. He did a lot of research into the issue and discovered that it was fairly widespread, but Toyota's attitude on it was "it's broken, get used to it."

He also solved the problem by ditching Toyota and going back to Chevrolet. He told me that the Chevy might break, but at least that was within expectations for them.

ratranger

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Metro ford convinced me not to get another f150 a few years back. They had exactly what I wanted, advertised for a reasonable price. But when I got there they had "accidentally" bolted a procharger on it and that raised the price $12k. So I asked if they had any trucks that matched that one before the blower was added, and they pulled one up and quoted a price $6k higher than the advertised price. I asked why the difference and was told "it's because you don't qualify for allthe discounts." When I pushed aboutwhat discounts, they couldn't tell me, said it was on the website, so I showed them it wasn't. They then cameback and offered half the low trade value for theteuck I was going to trade in. That's when I said I need my keys, I won't do business with you. Got my keys after threatening to call the cops. Ended up with a nissan.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't name the dealership...Yet.
Wife's Explorer was due for an oil change/service and her AC had just quit working. *expletive deleted*ck.
Car is still under warranty and she insisted on the extended service plan.
She scheduled the service appointment for the oil change and asked that the AC be checked out while it was in there. 2 week wait on service appointment.
Took it in yesterday for the 8:00 AM appointment. Right off the bat they had a $160 diagnostic fee for the AC on the paperwork. I commented that it was still under warranty and the service plan. Service advisor said oops my bad.
We left the car there and Went about our business. About 2:00pm I hadn't heard anything so I contacted them. I was told that they were tracing a Freon leak and might need to keep it overnight. So far no biggie. About 11:00 AM this morning I contacted them again for an update. They had found "impact damage" on the condenser, NOT covered under warranty $2200 dollars to repair, *expletive deleted*ck me!
After my initial shock I contacted my insurance agent, covered under comprehensive less deductible. so $500 vice $2200. Better but still sucks.

Went in this afternoon and brought it home since it will take a few days to get the insurance claim sorted out.

They never changed the *expletive deleted*ing oil.

:censored::censored::censored:
Well did you ask for photos of the damage?

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Still waiting on the @#^%$% insurance on getting the damage fixed.

Went in yesterday to get the service/oil change done on the Explorer. Appointment was for 9:00 AM. Arrived on time. Service advisor told me it might take a little longer because they were down a tech. She verified my phone number to be able to contact me when the car was ready. No worries, we had errands to run while we were in town and wanted to get breakfast. Ate, picked up some odds and ends at various stores, washed my jeep and generally killed some time.
Still hadn't heard anything by 1:00 PM and we were out of things to do. I sent a text asking about it and they replied it was ready.
Found out when I got home and checked my email that it had been ready since 10:45 AM.
Wasn't told to look for an email.:disappoin

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Something in manufacturing changed after rona...dont know exactly what it is, but the quality of all cars has gone down.

I do inspections for bucket trucks and cranes. The 2023 models of both chassis and lift is suffering severely.

Hoses blowing off the hydraulic blocks, brake rotors and drums of sub par materials.

Dash displays completely dark, frame bolts that are either missing or broken....so many outrigger frame secure bolts!

Latest posts

Top Bottom