Free Win 10 is still available.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are getting ready to stop supporting Win 7 (A$$holes) So if you have not updated to Win 10 you still can if you want to for free. They are not pushing it out but it is available for free if you have a licensed copy of Win 7 or 8. Go here and follow the directions.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/upgrade-to-windows-10-free

It is easy. I just did updated the PC I surf the web on. Keeping one Win 7 but only on the web long enough to download stuff for my flight simulators and creepy FPS.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. As much as I hate to do it, I gotta upgrade. I'm 3 versions behind on Parallels for my mac to run it and I'm sure Quickbooks is going to drop Win7 too. Fawkers...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will NEVER adopt Win10.
I hate it and believe it is a step backwards from Win7.

The only reason I am still using Windows at all is because I used Quicken for financial management.
Several months ago I switched to open source and cross platform KMyMoney and it works just fine for me.
I will continue on Win7 until this 10 year old desktop croaks and then get a new linux laptop from system76

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care what MS does. Still running XP on a desktop in my office and 7 on this laptop, everything I need to do still works and I know how to fix it if it barfs. 10 belongs on your phone not on your computer.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using 8.1. I downloaded 10 for free quite some time ago and hated it ... so, I went back to 8.1. I'm sure one of these days in the not too distant future, they're gonna' force my hand on 8.1 as well.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is easy. I just did updated the PC I surf the web on. Keeping one Win 7 but only on the web long enough to download stuff for my flight simulators and creepy FPS.
Hey @RickN ... what flight simulators do you have? I've been looking for a good one....

I used Microsoft Flight Simulator a few years ago, got used to it and really liked it. But I tried the latest version and had trouble getting the joystick to work correctly.

I have been playing with the demo version of X-Plane 11 and it's okay, but I haven't dropped the $60 to register it yet. I really liked the challenges (missions?) in MSFS, and it doesn't have much of that. I'm not even sure you can save a flight plan, but maybe.

I tried Flight Gear but couldn't get it to work very well. I don't really remember why, it's been a while... maybe the joystick?

Obviously I'd love to find a decent free one, but I don't mind paying for a good one. Do you have a recommendation?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @RickN ... what flight simulators do you have? I've been looking for a good one....

I used Microsoft Flight Simulator a few years ago, got used to it and really liked it. But I tried the latest version and had trouble getting the joystick to work correctly.

I have been playing with the demo version of X-Plane 11 and it's okay, but I haven't dropped the $60 to register it yet. I really liked the challenges (missions?) in MSFS, and it doesn't have much of that. I'm not even sure you can save a flight plan, but maybe.

I tried Flight Gear but couldn't get it to work very well. I don't really remember why, it's been a while... maybe the joystick?

Obviously I'd love to find a decent free one, but I don't mind paying for a good one. Do you have a recommendation?

I still like the old CFS series and have all 3, I also do Flight Gear and Digital Combat Simulator. I like the simulated WW2 combat in the CFS series though 3 is the worst I feel.

Remember it is all fun and games until you try to barrel roll your office chair. :P

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL!! This means I gotta get me a new office chair that will do it, right?

Trust me, they all will do it if you get to far into it. A few hours of "Dogfighting with the Nazis" and flipping the chair becomes really easy. Last time I flipped my chair I was flying a "Liberated FW190" in Free Polish colors in a mission names Clobber college for CFS1. Very intense mission with aircraft everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom