Freight Rates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We order a lot of equipment that used to be manufactured in Nevada. Early Feb, right after Biden came in, one of our main suppliers laid off 50% of it's US workforce and began the transition of all of their manufacturing into Mexico and almost all of their order processing teams to South America. (I'm guessing it was planned well before the election, and would've happened either way). Since then, all of our equipment is now seeing massive shipping delays, and I'd estimate that 10-15% of incoming shipments are now damaged, not to mention the terrible QC of our equipment now coming out of Mexico. All of our shipments from this particular company are now coming through the port of Los Angeles, and I'm seeing 2-3 month delays on certain orders that did not exist when they were built in the US. Replacement parts for certain items are now not expected to be available until 2nd quarter of 2022! Needless to say, we've withheld several orders for them recently. When asked why, we asked them if they really didn't know! Why would we continue to buy equipment from you that is sub-standard, arrives late and often damaged, and then you cannot supply spare parts for it. There are other options and we are exploring them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom