Fried Okra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else straight up addicted to it?

One of the local BBQ joints here in Moore (Fattys) makes them super fresh and salted with each order and they come out perfect each time.

On the other hand, Swadley's (S. Western in OKC) never figured out how to do okra correctly.. seems theirs is always burned, unsalted, or soggy. Sometimes you'll get a real fibery one too which means they are using the mature plants instead of the delicate baby ones.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man oh man....when I was a kid in Memphis, my dad grew okra...more okra than a family could eat even if they wanted to. I guess it was ideal climate and his okra patch was too big LOL. I loved it and couldnt get enough.

Then we move to Indianapolis area and the climate wasnt up to par for okra growth and about the only place to get it was Cracker Barrel and Church's...which both are ok at best.

Its hard to beat good fried okra...that's about the best part of Lamberts Cafe...all you can eat okra before your meal comes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom