Fried Okra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fresh from the garden to the table and the honey has been putting it up for a couple weeks now.. Home grown, picked breaded fried, ya'll ain't got game..:laugh6: Philly cheese steak sammiches and fresh okra tonight SO GOOD..

Not for me...tried to make a meatball sub , took one bite, spit it out, and threw it in the garbage. Probably just crack a can of chicken and rice soup.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made some from frozen in the air fryer a few days ago. Not bad but not great either. If we ever get to Moore again we will have to try Fattys.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Fresh from the garden to the table and the honey has been putting it up for a couple weeks now.. Home grown, picked breaded fried, ya'll ain't got game..:laugh6: Philly cheese steak sammiches and fresh okra tonight SO GOOD..
Braggart your fried okra privilege is just...... making my a little jealous :cool:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else straight up addicted to it?

One of the local BBQ joints here in Moore (Fattys) makes them super fresh and salted with each order and they come out perfect each time.

On the other hand, Swadley's (S. Western in OKC) never figured out how to do okra correctly.. seems theirs is always burned, unsalted, or soggy. Sometimes you'll get a real fibery one too which means they are using the mature plants instead of the delicate baby ones.
I love the stuff. It’s also great pickled. In a weird and interesting way that is also delicious is dehydrated okra. A coworker brought some back a few years back and I was blown away. It’s like eating chips mmmm mmmm good

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Son-in-law from Pennsylvania had never had fried okra until he visited us. He couldn't get enough of it.

I even buy the freeze dried stuff in Crest.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YUM>>>YUM>>>YUM.....fired okra can't be beat.....crispy and seasoned with salt and pepper.......MY favorite meal is fired okra, fried potatoes with onions and fried squash.....a fried veggie meal....

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fried okra, fried squash or fried egg plant can make a meal out any one of them, as long as it is fresh dont care much for the ones you get at a restraunt or atleast the ones i tried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom