FrogLube Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your preferred Gun Lube?

• FrogLube

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Hoppe's #9

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • M-Pro 7

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ballistol

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Breakfree CLP

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

hidoa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on Froglube?
Do you use it? Have you used it?
I have read mixed reviews...

If not, what do you use?

Thanks!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried frog lube and hate it. No need for it if you are the kind of person that takes reasonable care of your firearms. It might have its purpose in certain circumstances or certainty people...but not for me.

CLP does fine for me. Or Hoppes.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm hooked on Ballistol but use CLP sometimes. The great thing about Ballistol is it does everything and really cuts the carbon. Non toxic but smells like cat urine (wife says). Keeps the gun oiled for longer storage too.
One size fits all....it's Ballistol...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Hidoa for posting this poll. I did one with only a few options (mistake). This should have one or two everyone has used. I hope all the members chime in and vote. Vote what you like the best from the list and tell why or why not.
This is good for the forum.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always been a Hoppe's guy. I'm one of those "weirdos" that thinks it smells awesome.

But, I did get a Froglube sampler and kinda like it. I heated the gun, rubbed it with the lube and let it dry. It strikes me as very similar to "seasoning" a cast iron pan. I've been using it on my LW Commander and so far, no malfunctions. Plus, cleanup is really easy. Basically wipe it down; carbon deposits don't stick.

Keep in mind, I've been using Hoppe's for 40 years and never had a problem. But I AM impressed with Froglube. Only been using it on one gun for a few months, so we'll see...

Latest posts

Top Bottom