From a choice of Carry to a Need to carry and what I will learn as I go through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, that really explains it to me because I came in late to the party here and don't know everyone and their background. Thanks steelfingers for explaining it to me. I apologize for any inconsiderations.

Does this mean you'll get rid of your man bun now? :comfort:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe a quality handgun is what an assailant wants to sell to his criminal buddy. Yours might be just the ticket. With the types of carry systems available from folks like elite survival there is no reason anyone should open carry. That does not wear a uniform.
If he can take it, it's his.
The attitude of only people in uniform should carry a gun is the same BS Hitler used.
Do you think everyone in Uniform automatically is perfect for having a gun and wearing it? I've met a crap load of people in Uniform that should never have anything but a nerf gun. Most of them are are young local cops with one day of training but has military experience. A lot of these guys are looking for action....something to raise the BP. Well screw them.
I had one with his hand on his Glock and halfway out when he told me to get back from the idiot that ran a stop light in a semi and hit my wife's Car. I was calling the AH a few names when he came up to my side and said to get back. I stepped back a step and saw his hand on his gun. I told him "Scooter you have no reason to have your gun half way out and I suggest you holster it. Told him I'm not impressed by his tribal tats or uniform is too small to show off him pipes. Out of the holster it came and he told me to move back (I had). Wife was screaming at me.
I guess only people in Uniform should carry a gun

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's time to shut down this. I think I've been surprised at the ease I was able to open carry. I've done it everywhere this little town can provide and I did it at Church Sunday.
So I'm shutting it down. May have offended a few and that was not my intention. Thanks for all the feedback but this is now officially closed.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Not asking, and previously I felt the same. Now, I have very few options to imminent threat. I hope seeing that I carrying a quality handgun will discourage any BS but if I have to protect myself or my wife, I can't physically. Nor could I retreat effectively other than making some space. I would not be one of the guys on tv showing some old guy with a hand cannon shooting up bingo parlor because he felt threatened. I also (as John Wayne said in one of his movies) not going to just lay there and bleed.
I'm in a place with less choices. Maybe I'll have more, but right now I'm still responsible for my wife and my well being.
This is just my view and means jack.

Every one has an opinion, do what makes YOU feel right steelfingers. You study, you question, you make yourself aware, you practice until it is muscle memory. I ask questions and listen to everyone , even if I feel they are wrong because it takes me out of my box when looking at the whole picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom