From a choice of Carry to a Need to carry and what I will learn as I go through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not asking, and previously I felt the same. Now, I have very few options to imminent threat. I hope seeing that I carrying a quality handgun will discourage any BS but if I have to protect myself or my wife, I can't physically. Nor could I retreat effectively other than making some space. I would not be one of the guys on tv showing some old guy with a hand cannon shooting up bingo parlor because he felt threatened. I also (as John Wayne said in one of his movies) not going to just lay there and bleed.
I'm in a place with less choices. Maybe I'll have more, but right now I'm still responsible for my wife and my well being.
This is just my view and means jack.
Maybe a quality handgun is what an assailant wants to sell to his criminal buddy. Yours might be just the ticket. With the types of carry systems available from folks like elite survival there is no reason anyone should open carry. That does not wear a uniform.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you are just using the open carry as a I'm Billy Baddass, don't mess with me?
Not sure this is for me, but the last thing anyone would think when they see this guy that lost 40lbs and looks like a starving rat, as Billy Baddass...Ha. It's the last think I am, and I don't think I'm the only one. What I am is someone that's not who they were in a world that's not what it used to be. I've never paw my gun (I hate that). You will never see me adjusting it or even toughing it. I will admit this. If someone plans to do me harm, and I'm the perfect target now, if my holstered sidearm makes me less of a target, that's what I want.
I don't think this post was for me, but if it was, that's ok.
Today I have to go to Tractor Supply and the Pilot station. Going to pay inside at the Pilot station for a reason to go in.
Figure I'll have zero issues at Tractor Supply but not sure at Pilot. They have one of the gun slash mark on the door but it faces the sun and is faded completely out.
Should I blow this one off?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to upset you in any way. I understand a bit what you're talking about. You feel as if you are a walking signboard that says "victim here" now that you have been compromised physically. Do you walk and act like a decrepit old man shuffling along with your head down? What makes you think you have been compromised? The fact that you cannot physically fight or run? How then do you think you could retain your weapon if someone grabs it? Just asking because I'd like to understand your thinking process.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to upset you in any way. I understand a bit what you're talking about. You feel as if you are a walking signboard that says "victim here" now that you have been compromised physically. Do you walk and act like a decrepit old man shuffling along with your head down? What makes you think you have been compromised? The fact that you cannot physically fight or run? How then do you think you could retain your weapon if someone grabs it? Just asking because I'd like to understand your thinking process.
Really?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. I just can't conceal carry because of the damage to my ribs (front and back) that make it too pain full for IWB.
This was intended to address a person like me, that must carry, or should carry, because of my diminished physical condition.
I knew I could only carry OWB and it evolved into seeing what works for me and peoples reaction only. I'm not one of those guys that would carry a loaded AK slung on my back to make some kind of point. I was only seeing what the transition would be. I never intended to pretend to Billy Bad Ass or shuffle like a decrepit old man. I walk with my head up. But when you have zero clothes that fit after losing 40 lbs and look white as a sheet. People pick it up.
I swear to you my guy will never be taken away from me. I may not have all I had a couple of months ago, but I will give what I got.
I think, even though I've not got my breath built up, I'd be happy to go to the range with you and try your skills (at your and my current physical level) against what this decrepit old man with one lung can do. Not talking about ninja mall tactical world of war fare, I'm talking about real life shooting at a threat, mag changes and lethal hits at varied distances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom