From a choice of Carry to a Need to carry and what I will learn as I go through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My friend,
You have endured a MAJOR life changing event, it is perfectly natural to look at ways to feel as much the same as before the event. Your thoughts on defending your person and that of your wife is one that would weigh heavily on the minds of many of us that cannot fathom your experiences this past few months. Your carrying OC, as that is the reality of what your body will allow right now is in my mind a very simple one, put on what you feel satisfies the requirement and simply carry on evolving in your daily life. Good to have you back Al, you were i the thoughts and prayers of a great many folks.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend,
You have endured a MAJOR life changing event, it is perfectly natural to look at ways to feel as much the same as before the event. Your thoughts on defending your person and that of your wife is one that would weigh heavily on the minds of many of us that cannot fathom your experiences this past few months. Your carrying OC, as that is the reality of what your body will allow right now is in my mind a very simple one, put on what you feel satisfies the requirement and simply carry on evolving in your daily life. Good to have you back Al, you were i the thoughts and prayers of a great many folks.
Thank you buddy. That means a lot coming from you. I appreciate it. Thought I might be making some people upset and not my intention. Just thought it might be interesting to see how folks react and to try out different OWB holsters and guns. My next two will be my Kimber 45 1911 when I can find the leather holster I like.
Thanks again

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. I just can't conceal carry because of the damage to my ribs (front and back) that make it too pain full for IWB.
This was intended to address a person like me, that must carry, or should carry, because of my diminished physical condition.
I knew I could only carry OWB and it evolved into seeing what works for me and peoples reaction only. I'm not one of those guys that would carry a loaded AK slung on my back to make some kind of point. I was only seeing what the transition would be. I never intended to pretend to Billy Bad Ass or shuffle like a decrepit old man. I walk with my head up. But when you have zero clothes that fit after losing 40 lbs and look white as a sheet. People pick it up.
I swear to you my guy will never be taken away from me. I may not have all I had a couple of months ago, but I will give what I got.
I think, even though I've not got my breath built up, I'd be happy to go to the range with you and try your skills (at your and my current physical level) against what this decrepit old man with one lung can do. Not talking about ninja mall tactical world of war fare, I'm talking about real life shooting at a threat, mag changes and lethal hits at varied distances

See, that really explains it to me because I came in late to the party here and don't know everyone and their background. Thanks steelfingers for explaining it to me. I apologize for any inconsiderations.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, that really explains it to me because I came in late to the party here and don't know everyone and their background. Thanks steelfingers for explaining it to me. I apologize for any inconsiderations.
No need to apologize for anything. You would have kicked my butt at the range but that male ego thing I've got........well I'm a guy and not that bright.
Please comment as much as you want and say what you want.
Like the channel name Snattlerake. What does it mean?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I swear to you my guy will never be taken away from me.

That one comment dictates how I think of you and I know from meeting you that you live by that mantra. Give up is not in your wheelhouse.
Your in for the fight and you will win with that mindset.
I admire the strength in your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom