• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Fruit or Nut Wood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Shame you’re not closer to Ponca City, I’d give you all that type of wood you want including persimmon that back in the day was used on golf club shafts.
I’m interested in your craft of spoon carving. Do you have examples of your work in pics we can enjoy?

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Unfortunately, I'm at the opposite side of the state. I just cut down some Black Walnut, Black Cherry, Honey Locust, Mulberry, and others. I have a fruit orchard too, the trees are small now, but I do some trimming every now and then.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Shame you’re not closer to Ponca City, I’d give you all that type of wood you want including persimmon that back in the day was used on golf club shafts.
I’m interested in your craft of spoon carving. Do you have examples of your work in pics we can enjoy?
Second on the pics!

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't know how big a piece of wood needs to be to start a spoon carving, but could pieces the right size of different types of wood from members around the State be put in a large Priority Mail box and sent to zack231?
He mentioned branches but didn't include sizing. I'd assume they'd need to be fairly large.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'd think a large size - 24-1/16" x 11-7/8" x 3-1/8" - Priority Mail box could hold usable size branches.
Well, hopefully he'll respond. I've got some stove length sized pecan I smoke with. I suppose I could cut it down and claim it was "media material" to get a cheaper rate with the postage.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I searched Amazon and found several varieties of "logs" for smoking, fire pits and fireplaces. Everything from oak and juniper to birch and apple. It might be more cost effective to send him Amazon gift cards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom