Fruit tree cuttings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Familiar with the current supply and demand ? Every day more people wake up and buy preps. Buy now and store for later. TSC, Atwoods, E bay, Etsy, plus the regular online nursery's. Not familiar with the metro so no help there. All my cuttings came from etsy and ebay.
I'm in the process of removing 2 fairly large (25ish ft tall) box elders from my backyard. I'm bringing them down a few limbs at a time and paying a niece's boyfriend to haul the debris out. I say box elders because they're full of box elder bottles. Anyway, the goal is to plant 2 semi dwarf and 2 dwarf fruit trees in that area. Do ya'll know a nursery in the okc area that has good healthy stock. I'm hoping to get them in the ground spring of 22. View attachment 226790View attachment 226791

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Familiar with the current supply and demand ? Every day more people wake up and buy preps. Buy now and store for later. TSC, Atwoods, E bay, Etsy, plus the regular online nursery's. Not familiar with the metro so no help there. All my cuttings came from etsy and ebay.

Thank you, I hadn't really thought about people wanting to plant fruit trees but yes I'm familiar with the supply chain problems. I'm an over the road trucker.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, I hadn't really thought about people wanting to plant fruit trees but yes I'm familiar with the supply chain problems. I'm an over the road trucker.
If you or I have thought about it so have at least 10 others, given that protected yard of yours you might give thought to a fig tree. Celeste, Chicago hardy or brown turkey are pretty cold hardy. Figs are natures candy and young dried leaves make an awesome tea.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl , you might give thought to taking cuttings off your plant. Seeing as you have a Oklahoma growing bush you know it's a cold hardy type. You should be able to make a little coin and or share with some of the clowns here. We had a rat get in the greenhouse this winter and did quite a number on ours, damage hasn't been determined yet. After I saw the damage I put out some yummy green oatmeal bars for them. Or ya might list them as an Oklahoma unknown. As said earlier figs are bigger than one thinks.
https://www.figbid.com/Browse/C160534/Fig-Tree-Cuttings

Treemansam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the process of removing 2 fairly large (25ish ft tall) box elders from my backyard. I'm bringing them down a few limbs at a time and paying a niece's boyfriend to haul the debris out. I say box elders because they're full of box elder bottles. Anyway, the goal is to plant 2 semi dwarf and 2 dwarf fruit trees in that area. Do ya'll know a nursery in the okc area that has good healthy stock. I'm hoping to get them in the ground spring of 22. View attachment 226790View attachment 226791
The conscious community co-op sells great fruit trees if you are ever up on Waterloo. Pretty like minded folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom