Fruit tree cuttings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did good with the figs from last year so I went hog wild this year.. 6 more figs, Desert King this year, 10 pomergranite, 10 Elderberry, 6 Shiro yellow plum and 5 red sun necterines..
The pomergranite is what I have concerns with because there is no stand out nodes like most others.. The shiro plums came full of leaves and needed stripped 1st.. Now to nurture my sticks and see if I've got a green thumb.. What will I have 60 days from now out of the 37 ? Plus I planted 12 Arkansas jumbo thornless blackberry seeds..

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did I miss this thread? That's awesome, Timmy! What type of figs do you have? I put in Brown Turkey this year and you're welcome to some cuttings if you need them. I done something this year that I've been wanting to do for most of my life, I put in an orchard. I'm not finished with it yet, but pretty pleased with it so far. I have 7 types of apple (Fiji, Yellow delicious, Enterprise, Crimsoncrisp, Redfree, Liberty, and Gala), 3 types of pear (Bosc, Seckle, and Moonglow), 2 sweet cherry trees (Black Star and White Gold), 2 peach variants (Redskin and Bell of Georgia), 2 plum (Ozark and Morris). Then, I put in grapes (Concord, green seedless, Reliance, Niagra, and then Carlos Muscadine). For berries, I put in blueberries (Duke, Legacy, and Pink Lemonade), Elderberries (Dwarf and regular), Aronia berries (Viking), Thornless blackberries ...and Brown Turkey figs.

I installed drip irrigation for the orchard and will be putting in more trees next year! It's a sickness.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fruit tree gardens are awesome, but I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with all of the fruit yet.

Lol why am I not surprised. Well I can be a seasonal sharecropper. Just say the word! ;)

I've been reading about espareiling (I dunno how to spell it. I think that's right) because I have a fenceline I could train some trees on to.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, Neanderthal, you need one of these. I saw it in a different thread and still don't understand how it works.

vine_grafting_tool.jpg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did I miss this thread? That's awesome, Timmy! What type of figs do you have? I put in Brown Turkey this year and you're welcome to some cuttings if you need them. I done something this year that I've been wanting to do for most of my life, I put in an orchard. I'm not finished with it yet, but pretty pleased with it so far. I have 7 types of apple (Fiji, Yellow delicious, Enterprise, Crimsoncrisp, Redfree, Liberty, and Gala), 3 types of pear (Bosc, Seckle, and Moonglow), 2 sweet cherry trees (Black Star and White Gold), 2 peach variants (Redskin and Bell of Georgia), 2 plum (Ozark and Morris). Then, I put in grapes (Concord, green seedless, Reliance, Niagra, and then Carlos Muscadine). For berries, I put in blueberries (Duke, Legacy, and Pink Lemonade), Elderberries (Dwarf and regular), Aronia berries (Viking), Thornless blackberries ...and Brown Turkey figs.

I installed drip irrigation for the orchard and will be putting in more trees next year! It's a sickness.

You didn't miss it your right chere bro.. Your Kicken tail on fruits too, Natures candy.. When we bought the place in March of 16 I put in 3 peach, 3 pear, 3 apple and 3 plums and 2-3 nanking cherry bushes.. I didn't know the land well enough and put them where I wanted, on the N slope, bottom of slope is poor dirt.. So we're down to 1 peach, 1 cherry bush and 2 each of the other.. I've killed a few grape vines too but still have 2.. I picked up 6 Brown turkey cuttings off ebay last year and that's where the cuttings of this year came from.. Of last years 6 we got 4 trees and 5 yummy figs off 1.. I find it'd be off the hook if a person could produce a butt load of these goods.. Our thought is to have a produce stand after retirement, lot of work to do yet though.. If'en we're able to pull this off we'd have a food forest.. The raised beds could all have hinged plastic domes giving ya multiple greenhouse temps.. Lot of work and water..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fruit tree gardens are awesome, but I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with all of the fruit yet.
Deer feed.
Sadly the apple tree that has been here since we moved to this property 30 years ago has pretty much expired. One green limb left.
Used to get buckets of green apples off it to take for deer food.
I've offered it to several folks that use smokers for the wood to cook with but I guess it's too easy to buy a bag of pellets.
The niagara grapes we planted are just deer food. The deer snack on them before we can harvest them when ripe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom