• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

South East OK FS 1968 Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 police revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sale Price
300$
Caliber
.38 Caliber
Item Name: FS 1968 Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 police revolver

Zip Code: 74501

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 225

Caliber: .38 Caliber

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description:
This revolver is a 1968 model blued Smith & Wesson Model 10-5 that shows "character" and wears it with pride! This was the everyday carry weapon for a New Jersey police officer until his retirement many years ago. Bore and cylinder are clean. Very accurate and smooth shooter. The rear sights and front ramp have white paint lightly dabbed on for the "old school" edition of fiber optic sights we have today, bit that can easily be removed if you choose.

The revolver has lots of holster wear and some freckling in spots, but this is just honest wear from being on the job for many years. There is wear primarily on the inside corners where they rubbed while in the holster, but there is also other marking as a result of it being a true "on the job" weapon. Bore and chambers on the cylinder are good and have been well maintained. After all, this officer's life depended on this gun working every time he might have to pull the trigger. I had the gun's side plate off and completely cleaned while intact the internals, then oiled them before replacing the side plate. That helped improve an already smooth trigger and added to the accuracy of the gun. I had it at the gun range Thursday evening and it shoots as well as my newer Smith & Wesson revolver.

You have your choice of any set of the following listed grips you want on the gun for the $225 price. For $250 you can have all three pair of grips. The gun came to me wearing beautiful custom-made dark walnut with target thumb rest grips. I also have S&W wood grips and rubber Pachmayr Gripper grips you can choose from. I have attached pics of the gun with all three pair of grips to help you make your buying decision. If you want additional pictures, please feel free to ask.

Local face-to-face cash sale only. Buyer must be at least 21, Oklahoma resident able to legally buy a firearm in Oklahoma, and must have a current valid Oklahoma issued picture ID. No exceptions.

Pictures:

m10-5-police-ls-jpg.60759

M10-5 Police LS Wood Grips 4.jpg

m10-5-police-pach-gripper-ls-1-jpg.60761

m10-5-police-rs-jpg.60762

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.