1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

North West OK FS QUALITY Gun Safe

Discussion in 'Ammo, Accessories, Etc.' started by SPDguns, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SPDguns

SPDguns Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Item Name: FS QUALITY Gun Safe with delivery options

Zip Code: 74074

Item is for: Sale Only
    Sale Price: $1200

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: If you are looking for a cheap safe, please exit this thread and go to Academy or Atwoods.

This safe is a "Rocky Mountain Safe Company" from the late '90's. It was originally sold by the Admiral Safe Company in Tulsa. I called them yesterday and the guy was impressed that I had one. He said he remembered selling them and they don't make them anymore and it retailed for $1800 back then. He said no one makes this quality safe anymore.

It is an old school four number traditional dial combination. No buttons, no keypad and no batteries. The door is 1/4" steel plate and the body is slightly thinner, probably 3/16" or 5/32". There is no "Gauge" steel in it. It weighs a ton. You will need a friend to help move it. The friend will need a forklift. (Just kidding, it can be moved with three people.)

The interior is set up for 18 long guns, but we all know that's not possible unless they are Daisy Red Ryders or Crickets. The shelves are modular and they can be removed so it can be configured however you want it. It could be set up for 30 long guns.

I can get all sorts of help loading it on my end. Once unloaded, it can be easily moved by one person with a piano dolly. I can provide all the expert advice you need included in the price. I can discuss delivery options.

5ft tall, 30" wide, 25" deep, weight is HEAVY.

$1200, firm, I should probably be asking more. I will consider trades and partial trades but I'm pretty picky. Located in Stillwater.

*****EDITED INFO*******
    The two questions everybody asks are- How much does it weigh, and what is its fire rating. The short answer is- I don't know and I don't know. There is no label with the weight and fire rating, I'm guessing it fell off over the years. I called the guy back at Admiral Safe today (02-05-19) and guess what I asked him?? He said based on its size and construction it weighs 800-900 lbs. He also said based on its construction, I would have to compare it with similar built safes to determine a fire rating. After mindless cruising and getting cross eyed on the internet, I will SAFELY estimate it is rated 1200 to 1400 degrees at 30 to 60 minutes, although it is probably more.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. OKShooters.com does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

GlockPride likes this.