1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Full auto question

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Nraman, Jul 17, 2010.

1. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    There is a little more to it then that but YUP!

the MAC is a really good way to get into NFA and the cost is in the very low 3K range. If you really want a m16 you can easily get one in the 10K range. If it wears out then parts can be easily found and replaced. The only thing that could go wrong would be a KaBoom and the thing getting blown up but if that ever happened I'm sure an expensive gun would be the least of your worries.

Here .... http://www.subguns.com/

And

Here.... http://www.sturmgewehr.com/

Are NFA classified listings to drool over

2. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    All transferable full autos must be registered on or before May 19, 1986. That's why they're so expensive. There are only so many available and thats it!

Any full auto manufactured after May 19, 1986 will be a "post sample" or sold ONLY to military or Law Enforcement "Agencies" ONLY! Not to individual officers.

A Form-1 can be used to manufacture a Short barreled shotgun (SBS), short barreled rifle (SBR), or Any other weapon (AOW). The manufacturing fee is $200.00.

3. Nraman

Nraman Sharpshooter

Thanks, lots of good info.

4. stewball

stewball Sharpshooter

Not to get off the subject, but do you guys know how many transferables there are in the registry? I've heard only 117,000. That seems like a small number. Just curious.

5. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You are mixing apples and oranges here. An NFA Dealer (an 01/03 FFL/SOT) is not licensed to manufacture NFA weapons, only to transfer them. A properly licensed manufacturer (an 07/02 FFL/SOT) can make NFA weapons. An 07/02 manufacturer does not need a demo letter to make a post-86 MG. An 01/03 "Class 3" dealer needs a demo letter to receive a post-86 MG. A dealer cannot make a post-86 MG. In case you are wondering what the xx/xx numbers mean, the first number is the type of FFL and the second is the Class of SOT (Special Occupational Taxpayer).

Type 1 FFL is a Title 1 dealer or gunsmith
    Type 2 FFL is a Title 1 dealer doing business as a pawnbroker
    Type 3 FFL is a licensed collector of Curio & Relic (C&R) firearms
    Type 6 FFL is a licensed maker of ammunition and reloading components other than Armor Piercing ammunition
    Type 7 FFL is a Title 1 manufacturer of firearms, ammunition and ammunition components other than NFA, Destructive Devices and Armor Piercing ammunition
    Type 8 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms and ammunition
    Type 9 FFL is a dealer in Title 1 firearms including NFA destructive devices, but no other NFA
    Type 10 FFL is a manufacturer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and ammunition components, including NFA Destructive Devices but no other NFA, and not including Armor Piercing ammunition
    Type 11 FFL is an importer of Title 1 firearms, ammunition and NFA Destructive Devices, but no other NFA

Class 1 SOT importer is an importer of NFA firearms
    Class 2 SOT manufacturer is a manufacturer of NFA firearms
    Class 3 SOT dealer is a dealer of NFA firearms

To get a Class 1 SOT status, you need an importer FFL, which includes Type 8, 11- and pay a yearly $1000 or $500 (reduced rate for small importers) tax due every July 1st.

To get a Class 2 SOT status, you need a manufacturer FFL, which includes Type 7, 10 - and pay a yearly $1000 or $500 (reduced rate for small manufacturers) tax due every July 1st.

To get a Class 3 SOT status, you need a dealer or manufacturer FFL which includes Type 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 - and pay a yearly $500 tax due every July 1st.

6. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That number sounds close to what I have heard in the past as well.

7. Chocobo

Chocobo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    When you want to own a registered full auto you gotta also consider the ammo cost. Since they shoot ammo at a faster rate you got to be able to afford the ammo also. And yes as a private party, you cannot own a full auto if it's not already registered. Don't worry there are still plenty good quality registered full auto out there. It's just how much you are willing to pay for one.

8. ColtDogg

ColtDogg Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Like they say, you can find a AR15 RR gun for about 9K. I found a Colt for 10k. As for as wearing out, It will take a lot, get a new upper and hit it!! Now on the MP5SD guns get your money out for that. I seen them for about 18K to 22K. Depends who done the gun, some are a one tax gun, and some are a 2 tax gun. The HK guns will last. I would not think twice about buying one if i had the money.

9. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If it is an MP5SD then it would be a 2 or 3 stamp gun. It has to be at least 2 (1 for the MG and 1 for the suppressor), but if it is a sear gun instead of an RR then the receiver may be registered as an SBR so that you could move the sear to another HK rifle if you wanted to. On the HK's the barrel is attached to the receiver (there is no upper and lower, only 1 receiver), so it is not readily removeable like an AR-15 would be.

I believe at one time ATF did allow some MP5SD's that had the suppressor permanently attached to the gun to be registered on a single stamp, but they have since changed their mind on this.

10. MAJ MALFUNCTION

MAJ MALFUNCTION Sharpshooter

Yes sir, you're correct on that one Steve - I almost purchased a sinlge stamp SD a few years ago.