full brass cased 12 gauge in a semi auto?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
Decades and decades ago that was all you had
Manufacturing Begins
Brass shotgun shells began appearing around 1865, when ammunition companies started manufacturing shotshell. By the end of this decade, paper hulls were on the market as well. In 1885, the history of the shotgun shell was changed forever. Frank Chamberlin created a machine that loaded 1,200-1,500 shotgun shells an hour, exponentially more than anyone could do by hand.
Lol, well no wonder I don't remember 'em... :D

Fascinating info. Thanks to both of you guys. :thumb:

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Magtech brass is a bit long to work in a pump, lever, or semi-auto shotgun. It needs to be trimmed down a bit, can't remember how much right off. Very easy to load, you don't need special tools for it. A hard oak, hickory, or maple 1X6, and a 5/8 or so dowel rod is all you need. Lay a primer (large pistol) on the board, center the brass over the primer, put the dowel into the shell and tap it with a mallet. That will push the hull down onto the primer. To deprime you need to drill a hole into the board, put the hull over the hull, use a nail and mallet to punch the old primer out. I've never loaded with smokeless, so you'd have to find data for powder charge, shotcups etc. I used black powder or Pyrodex and felt wads from Circle Fly.

Top Bottom