Full day today painting a room and working of a proposal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the next two days off to paint the bedroom (the one I remodeled only 3 years ago).
Also learned yesterday of a competitive application that has a 4 day turnaround on that application.
The good thing: I've been doing these for decades. Because these are fed funds, tons of BS has to be included but I know the trail.
The good thing: I've got a great support team.
Bad thing: I will be painting and have my laptop/cell phone multi tasking until the painting is done. I will be working on the proposal every other minute till bedtime.
Bad thing: I will need to go to the office (on my vacation) Friday for a full day with staff working overtime getting the financials and other documents compiled.
Bad thing: May have to work the weekend to complete.
Bad thing: Have to be out of town for a few days starting monday.
Good thing: I've rode this horse many times....Ha!
Oh well.....It is what it is.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished painting and going back to proposal. Will finish and quick turn around tomorrow. Even though I on annual leave, I will be back at the office today.
Laptop has paint on it from skyping to work as I painted. Paint on Iphone from grabbing it when it rang (mistake). Wife will be inspecting my work for flaws in about 20 minutes.
Hungry, tired and my dog just peed on me.
It's still been a good day.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to meet this woman ... and learn exactly what her tricks are ... I can't get the Old Man to do NOTHING but hold down that recliner! :anyone:
It starts with fear. Yep...ends with fear too.
She likes the color of the bedroom so much, she wants to repaint the living room. That's the same room I repainted 2 years ago. In situations like this, she uses the "Royal WE" when she talking about projects.
Example: I think WE should repaint the living room. Wife speak: I think you should paint the living room.
I think WE should replace a few of the plants in the flower beds. Wife speak: I think you should remove the $400.00 plants you bought last year with new plants that look just like the old one.
I think WE should take a few days off work. Wife speak: You had better go by Home Depot and get about 10 bags of concrete and wear a cup.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like, use the mutt for field goal practice?
Great minds think alike...
556files.net_styles_default_xenforo_smilies.retro3_rolling.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom