Fun, Fun, and More Fun Ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I just couldn't help myself. It was such a good deal. $50 shipped...and they have safe / fire markings on both sides. So, I'll be finishing these lowers this weekend. I have a new upper coming in today. Gotta fill out my paperwork for the 300 Blackout SBR (suppressed) that I want to build. I just hope it doesn't take forever to get the tax stamp(s) approved.

I also decided to apply for an FFL license. I haven't had this much fun in years!

80-lowers.jpg

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I started milling out the trigger pocket on the first 80% lower over the weekend. Wow did it make a HUGE mess. The only other 80% lower that I've done is the polymer lower that I got from polymer80.com, and it turned out great. It is currently on my 300 Blackout build. The aluminum 80% lowers require a lot more elbow grease. And patience. And they are way messier. I've decided not to finish this one inside the house. I'll wait until it warms up a little on Monday and finish it on the back porch, then I'll post the pics when I'm done with the build. The upper came in last week. I bought:

Complete barreled upper, 16" 223 Wylde Chrome Moly Straight Fluted Barrel 1:8 twist with Mid-Length gas port. The barrel is QPQ / melonite treated, and so is the gas block (.750" low profile). 15" keymod handguard, but only because they didn't have an MLok version for the handguard I wanted. I do not like keymod handguards, but I made an exception on this build. Pic of the upper is below...

New Pistol! Woohoo!!

My every day carry is a Bersa BP380CC, which I absolutely love, but I came across an AMAZING deal online a couple weeks ago for a Century Arms Canik TP9SA. It came with 2 mags, a serpa style holster, an extra back strap for the grip, and a cleaning kit for $265 shipped! I couldn't pass it up. I bought it from Lanbo's Armory (www.LanbosArmory.com) — they still have it on sale, but they raised the price a little — you can get it for $275 right now. Here is the link: https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27914

I picked the Canik up from my FFL guy on Saturday. This is my first full-size pistol, so I am super excited to shoot it tomorrow!! (all my other pistols are .22LR and .22WMR, and then I have my Bersa 380). Okay, that's it for now.

Have a great week guys.

CANIK-TP9SA.JPG

upperassembly.jpg

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I finally finished one of the builds from 1 of the three 80% lowers that I purchased. I am very pleased with the way it came out. I sourced the upper from ar15part.com, and am glad that I did. They have a custom upper builder feature on their website where you can choose the barrel, gas length, hand guard, upper receiver, and muzzle brake, and then they build it, check the head space, and test fire it. I've been wanting to get one of their uppers because, even though I don't like keymod handguards, I've been wanting one of their hand guards because they have a really unique one that I'm thinking you can't get anywhere else except from them. I just dig the look. I sourced parts from all over...mostly eBay and Amazon.

I took it to Tulsa Firearms to break in the barrel on Sunday afternoon, and all went well. No misfeeds or anything out of the ordinary. It shot really well, and I was a happy camper.

The total cost of the build (including the scope) was $830.96, which is pretty much what I had budgeted for.

Here are the parts:

M16 Bolt Control Group, 8620 & 9310 steel (black nitride) — Right to Bear Arms & Supply
Charging Handle + Extended Latch (black) — Strike Industries
Upper Receiver, Custom .223 Wylde, QPQ/melonite treated (fluted), 15" keymod Handguard — ar15part.com - custom
80% Lower Receiver (anodized black w/ safety and fire engraved on both sides) — Unbranded
Enhanced Aluminum Oversized Trigger Guard — Ultimate Arms
Bolt Catch / Release — Strike Industries
Lower Parts Kit — Pew Pew Tactical
Polymer Dust Cover — Strike Industries
Extended Takedown Pins — Celtic Arms
Anti-walk Hammer & Trigger Pins — KNS Precision
Tactical Pistol Grip — JTM
Stock & Buffer Tube Assembly — Alpha Combat
Competition Compact Muzzle Brake — Unbranded / eBay
Ambidextrous Sling Adapter End Plate — Unbranded / eBay
OPTIC – Monstrum 1-4x20mm CQB Scope — Monstrum Tactical

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time, try the indoor range at 2A Firearms.

I've never been to 2A Firearms. I just checked out their website. I think I'll go there this afternoon. I'm a member at Tulsa Firearms because it is the closest range to my home. But, it is falling apart (the range, not my house lol). 2A looks really nice....much nicer than TF.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom