Funny dog story that surprised me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give my dog a large rawhide about once a week. He’ll eat about half of it and then carry it around everywhere for a few days like a toy and then at some point he’ll finish it. Lately he’s been hiding it in the woods and then after being inside he’ll dash out and see if it’s still there. Sometimes he comes back with it, sometimes he doesn’t but I didn’t pay too much attention.

I watched him hide it in the woods about 15 yards out this afternoon around 3. We went back inside for about 2 hours. Came back out, he rushes to the spot and it’s gone. Clearly he smells something has been there and he spends a good while sniffing and searching. Bone is gone. He gives up after awhile. I go back out around 30 minutes ago to get something out of the truck. He walks out and freezes staring at something. I look down and there’s his rawhide laying in the dirt hole he digs to lay in. He was shocked! Apparently he’s made friends with another dog and they are playing some sort of game. I need a game camera to see what animal would bring a bone right back like that.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen in awhile. I need to hit up academy for pair of fall crocs. Going to pick up a game cam as well. Hopefully I’ll get some pics of what’s goin in on and report back.

I would have assumed it was the German Shepherd next door but the people moved a month or so ago. He was the kind of dog that could just stay out around the house and not cause any problems. But if I left anything out at all that he could pick up, he would come over at night and take it. He got several shoes and a ton of dog bowls. I would walk by in the morning and see my stuff laying around him. He’s gone though. There are many loose dogs in the area though. So I bet I’ll catch him on camera.

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit giving my pups rawhide when I found one of them in yard with piece hanging out of his mouth. It looked kinda funny so I pulled on it and out came a piece about 4 ' long out of his belly where it had come unraveled and he was trying to swallow it

Latest posts

Top Bottom