Furbearer season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are a couple weeks in. So how is everyone doing?

I’ve got 3 coyotes, a opossum, a skunk (which something ate while in my trap), and then a bobcat this morning.
A7EE1D26-51B4-483C-B176-AB69A6372DDD.jpeg
88482B2E-89E6-4127-BD0E-A003F31229A0.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a great looking cat.
How much did it weigh?

She really wasn’t as big as she looks in the picture. I didn’t weigh her, but I’d guess only weighed in the 15-18 pound range.

A buddy of mine skinned her out this afternoon and found 5 bird shot BBs embedded in her back. He said it looked like they had been in there since sometime last year because all was healed completely.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine skinned her out this afternoon and found 5 bird shot BBs embedded in her back. He said it looked like they had been in there since sometime last year because all was healed completely.
Evidently finding that sort of stuff is fairly common. I skinned a coyote a couple years ago that had 1 OO buck pellet in his back. Same deal completely healed.

Killed a doe this season that had a 177cal air rifle pellet in the center of her neck. Healed up too.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Killed a doe this season that had a 177cal air rifle pellet in the center of her neck. Healed up too.

LOL,
I can imagine this,
"You can't shoot a deer with an air rifle!"
"I've got a pointed pellet!" See, can too. It just doesn't hurt them."

My dad had a bird dog once that had a x-ray taken & the picture showed no less than 6 shotgun pellets. All healed, & the vet guessed some were 6 shot & some were 7 1/2 shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom