Furbearer season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure didn’t want to see this in the DP today.
Maybe he was tired but I walked slowly up to him on the upwind side and popped him in the head. It never sprayed.

1fd9da021ca8de925c9d1680a1983081.jpg

New skunk hat?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I sure didn’t want to see this in the DP today.
Maybe he was tired but I walked slowly up to him on the upwind side and popped him in the head. It never sprayed.

1fd9da021ca8de925c9d1680a1983081.jpg

I hear if they're only caught by the right front foot, they won't spray if you massage under their chin while you release the trap with your other hand. Left front foot catch is too risky though........

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear if they're only caught by the right front foot, they won't spray if you massage under their chin while you release the trap with your other hand. Left front foot catch is too risky though........
I need you to show me how to do that. I'm kind of confused on your directions......:hey3:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 148900 Local resident caught this pole cat earlier this fall, I was “unlucky” enough to get to document the first spotted skunk in the county in a couple decades. Actually I managed to get it released without getting sprayed, however it wasn’t due to its lack of trying to spray me.

Wow no kidding, I've never seen one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve only had skunks on my cameras a couple times this year and for the first time ever no porcupines, and in 15 years, I’ve only seen one badger.:anyone:
Never seen a porcupine in the wild alive but have had several badgers on the places over the years. Usually the bird dog would find them during a late season pheasant hunt.
Amazing true story. Shot a rooster once, but the dog kept going to a badger den hole that was old. Couldn't get him off of it. Finally went to the truck, got the pack shovel out and dug the pheasant out of the hole where it went to hide. Saw some of the tail feathers after a few digs and knew it was in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom