Furbearer season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I trapped, prices were as follows -

Mink / regardless of size: $100

Coyote / with heavy coat: $75

Coyote / with average but nice coats: $50

Racoon / big boars: $45

Racoon / average: $35

Possum and muskrat: $2

Bobcat: $250

Bobcat / large / exceptional coloration or markings: $300

Skunk: $2 to $3

Beaver / depending on size and hide stretcher used: $30 to $75+

Needless to say, it has been a few years since I had done any major trapping, and all from a 3 mile long trap line I set and ran on Big Cabin creek in Vinita, Oklahoma.

Everything I did was self taught, and with ideas I got from old Fur Fish and Game papers.

I never go rich from it, but I made $10,000 to $15,000 a year from trapping, which allowed me to put myself through school, buy food, clothes and other necessities, including a few more traps for the following year.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw the results from last weekends fur sale. The results were much worse than I expected. High price for bobcats was $46. Raccoon high was $4.50.
I know most people are not in it for the money, but it’s a labor of love at those prices.
Can't afford to trap with the prices. Can't afford not to trap if you like ground nesting birds like quail and turkey.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Last time I trapped, prices were as follows -

Mink / regardless of size: $100

Coyote / with heavy coat: $75

Coyote / with average but nice coats: $50

Racoon / big boars: $45

Racoon / average: $35

Possum and muskrat: $2

Bobcat: $250

Bobcat / large / exceptional coloration or markings: $300

Skunk: $2 to $3

Beaver / depending on size and hide stretcher used: $30 to $75+

Needless to say, it has been a few years since I had done any major trapping, and all from a 3 mile long trap line I set and ran on Big Cabin creek in Vinita, Oklahoma.

Everything I did was self taught, and with ideas I got from old Fur Fish and Game papers.

I never go rich from it, but I made $10,000 to $15,000 a year from trapping, which allowed me to put myself through school, buy food, clothes and other necessities, including a few more traps for the following year.

You're going to date yourself posting up info like that lol!!! Was that in the 70's, pre-Carter?

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coyote high paid $38. Average stretched was $19.50.
The bobcat prices is what I’m shocked with. Only a few years ago they would average around $80-$100. High end was around $300-$350. I sold one cat five years ago for $200. Had several others that were sold then around $100. Those days may be gone forever.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Coyote high paid $38. Average stretched was $19.50.
The bobcat prices is what I’m shocked with. Only a few years ago they would average around $80-$100. High end was around $300-$350. I sold one cat five years ago for $200. Had several others that were sold then around $100. Those days may be gone forever.

Yeah those days are gone, I've not trapped a cat in 3 or 4 years now, turned one loose in a coyote set is all. No cat trapping in California now at all I read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom