Future Walmarts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm no fan of open carry for several reasons. The only upside I see for me is the theoretical accidental brandishing it could prevent, I guess.

But I agree that a guy carrying his AR through Nichols hills isn't furthering the cause.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how long you think it is before Walmart starts putting up metal detectors to enter? Or heck maybe some already do. Would you still shop there if they did and just leave it in the vehicle?
I went out early this morning and shot a big fat tom turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner! Dang near scared the people in the frozen food isle to death!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in a Walmart probably two or three times a month for office supplies, groceries, etc.. It’s convenient and prices are fairly good. We normally use the neighborhood markets or Crest, but I’m not easily “triggered” so I have no issues with shopping in the “mart”. Plus, it’s always fun to see what that day’s wardrobe might me.

I remember a John Earling interview with a “lady” at the opening of a new Dollar General in Tulsa. Her comment was that she loved shopping at DG because she didn’t have to get dressed up like you have to do to go to Walmart. I always have wished the interview was televised, I just want to see just what she looked like.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We might go to China mart once a year, and it trying to find something specific without ordering online. I buy crown fuel for my Coleman lanterns and stoves.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wally world is about the only game in town close to us if we don’t want to drive 40 miles to the next biggest town. I don’t like going in there either but sometimes I’ve got to.

I don’t open carry except when I’m feeding cattle or hunting and more times than not if it’s a person I don’t know who’s open carrying I get the crap away from them.

Concealed is concealed and like Retrieverman said unless I’m going to the courthouse I’m carrying.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since Ole Sam passed and his greedy spawn took over. Another Sam will come along and Wally will go the way of Sears, K-Mart, Monkey Ward, Woolworth, TG&Y, Winn's, Gibson's, Bargain Fair, FedMart, Strike It Rich, Ben Franklin, and the 1000s of Mom & Pop stores that Wally dedestroyed.
You can't mention TG&Y, Woolworth and Gibson without "Otasco". Fond memories of going to those places in my youth.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't mention TG&Y, Woolworth and Gibson without "Otasco". Fond memories of going to those places in my youth.
OTASCO, Western Auto, White's were a whole nutha level of class.

So many good companies, slowly destroyed by inept and greedy management.

Wally has changed immensely, since Ole Sam passed. Dollar General and Family Dollar have thrived in the Wally market.
Not because of their being "better than Wal-Mart." They were SMARTER.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OTASCO, Western Auto, White's were a whole nutha level of class.

So many good companies, slowly destroyed by inept and greedy management.

Wally has changed immensely, since Ole Sam passed. Dollar General and Family Dollar have thrived in the Wally market.
Not because of their being "better than Wal-Mart." They were SMARTER.

There are a whole lot more of the Dollar General stores as well. I googled both WM and DG and WM had like 4742 total stores (supercenters, Neighborhood Markets, and discount) while DG had over 18,000 stores.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not as sure of that as I used to be. "Normalizing deviance" has worked incredibly well for sexual deviants, so seeing normal people openly carrying guns with nothing happening could actually be helping the cause in the long run.

That said, if you're open carrying in the Walmarts after they've posted signs asking you not to OC, you're just being a jerk.
And it will turn into a trespass if one doesn’t leave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom