Future Walmarts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen plenty over the years. Every single time it's a cringe moment because it's so unnecessary, and makes gun owners looks bad. Because quite literally no one, ever, in the history of all time, that was not a gun person, has looked upon someone open carrying at a Walmart and though "wow, what a responsible person, I am going to positively change my opinions about gun owners". On the other hand, I bet there are a lot of folks that see that and think "just like I thought, those idiots either can't respect the rules or can't read the sign".

I mean, they don't have a no concealed policy generally (although certain states might differ, I dunno about all of them) which is positive. I don't get OC anyways, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah I'm no fan of open carry for several reasons. The only upside I see for me is the theoretical accidental brandishing it could prevent, I guess.

But I agree that a guy carrying his AR through Nichols hills isn't furthering the cause.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s groups I follow on Facebook that make fun of open carriers, fuds, or “grey men”. A large percentage of their material posted comes from Walmart. View attachment 322284View attachment 322285View attachment 322286

True, but I’m assuming you’re talking about concealed carry. Concealed is concealed. A store might say “don’t crap in here”. If you just openly take a dump between the fresh produce and the meat section you’re openly breaking the rules and being a jerk. But If you crap your pants in the same spot, you might have broken the rules, but nobody knows but you.
I am indeed referring to concealed. Wow those pics are hilarious! That last guy is built like a human mr potato head

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I visit Walmarts quite regularly. And, when out doing our summer job of surveying road conditions, we use Walmarts as much as we can for bathroom stops. We prefer that than using convenience stores, because we don't feel bad about leaving Walmart without buying something.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I agree that a guy carrying his AR through Nichols hills isn't furthering the cause.
I'm not as sure of that as I used to be. "Normalizing deviance" has worked incredibly well for sexual deviants, so seeing normal people openly carrying guns with nothing happening could actually be helping the cause in the long run.

That said, if you're open carrying in the Walmarts after they've posted signs asking you not to OC, you're just being a jerk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom