Future Walmarts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Shortly after.moving to Oklahoma I broke my 15 year Wal-Mart free streak. It is a terrible place, it just has sense of desperation along with that poor people smell of phthalates mixed with cats and cigarettes.
I was behind a lady in the checkout line that wreaked of cat urine so bad that I almost gagged.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not as sure of that as I used to be. "Normalizing deviance" has worked incredibly well for sexual deviants, so seeing normal people openly carrying guns with nothing happening could actually be helping the cause in the long run.

That said, if you're open carrying in the Walmarts after they've posted signs asking you not to OC, you're just being a jerk.
Yeah I can see the point. Less so with an AR as in the example, but I can see it somewhat on the more 'normal' OWB type guy.

Not for me, but...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet they stop selling guns and ammo altogether now.

?????

Their MANAGER used a gun obtained (legally or not) from Wally?

Just another stupid, do nothing, knee jerk, feel good, reaction, enacted by woke morons.

My main concern is; like TRYING to boycott China crap, American consumers have created a situation of near impossibility. Wally has put most of its competitors out of business and bullied suppliers to keep competitors from being competitive.
Mismanagement and greed put many companies in peril, Wally has been going down, since Ole Sam passed and his greedy spawn took over. Another Sam will come along and Wally will go the way of Sears, K-Mart, Monkey Ward, Woolworth, TG&Y, Winn's, Gibson's, Bargain Fair, FedMart, Strike It Rich, Ben Franklin, and the 1000s of Mom & Pop stores that Wally destroyed.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most open carry I've seen is at Wal-Mart Building Depot

F. I. F. Y.

When open carry first passed, a friend bought a black, double gun, Roy Roger's rig from me. He had a pair of stainless Vaqueros, with white "pearl" "Hand of God" grips.

He is 6' 5", 305#, puts on a black hat, black duster, boots, spurs, jeans and gun belt. Goes to Wal-Mart, Atwood, Home Depot and NOBODY acted any different than any other day.

But, Lawton ain't NYC. Guess he wasn't so unusual.

Last edited:

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
?????

Their MANAGER used a gun obtained (legally or not) from Wally?

Just another stupid, do nothing, knee jerk, feel good, reaction, enacted by woke morons.

My main concern is; like TRYING to boycott China crap, American consumers have created a situation of near impossibility. Wally has put most of its competitors out of business and bullied suppliers to keep competitors from being competitive.
Mismanagement and greed put many companies in peril, Wally has been going down, since Ole Sam passed and his greedy spawn took over. Another Sam will come along and Wally will go the way of Sears, K-Mart, Monkey Ward, Woolworth, TG&Y, Winn's, Gibson's, Bargain Fair, FedMart, Strike It Rich, Ben Franklin, and the 1000s of Mom & Pop stores that Wally destroyed.
Last time there was a shooting involving an AR bought from Walmart legally they stopped selling AR's and .223 ammo plus all handgun ammo except for .22s. so I just seeing them doing the woke thing for positive publicity buy getting completely out of firearms and ammo. The only things I buy from Walmart are ammo and motor oil. So I guess it will be Atwood's for me.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, always good to see gun owners bash other gun owners on the inner webs.

“They don’t use guns like I do, they morons!”

Latest posts

Top Bottom