Future Walmarts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a whole lot more of the Dollar General stores as well. I googled both WM and DG and WM had like 4742 total stores (supercenters, Neighborhood Markets, and discount) while DG had over 18,000 stores.
DGs are all over the place in rural parts of Cleveland county. I don't think there's a route I can take from the end of the Kickapoo turnpike to my mom's house that doesn't take me by at least one DG. They're like the rural equivalent to QTs in Tulsa--if there's not one on the corner, there eventually will be...

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a whole lot more of the Dollar General stores as well. I googled both WM and DG and WM had like 4742 total stores (supercenters, Neighborhood Markets, and discount) while DG had over 18,000 stores.
DG has infiltrated the small towns and rural areas. There are now two DG stores within a five mile radius of my place. The closest WalMart is around 30 miles. DG is finishing off the rural area locally owned stores that somehow managed to survive Walmart. I grew up in a family owned country store. We sold a good amount of groceries, bait, feed, and other things. It eventually changed into more of a typical convenience store over time because it was impossible to compete with Walmart. Most of the time, the cost from the distributors were more expensive than the retail price at Walmart. The store is still in operation, but my family no longer runs it. With having two DG stores in the area now, it is hard for the store to survive. My family owns the building, and we’ve been discussing what we will do with the property when it finally closes it’s doors. Luckily, the store is close to a recreational lake, and the store thrives in the summer months which is what keeps it going.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how long you think it is before Walmart starts putting up metal detectors to enter? Or heck maybe some already do. Would you still shop there if they did and just leave it in the vehicle?
I don’t like Walmart now. Let alone then. Walmart OKC Penn and nw expressway are high crime areas. Stay strapped

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dollar general is very high priced for worse than Walmart brands for lost part. What I have seen, they take advantage of poor folks in rural areas where there is no other options due to means or distance.

They do have a hell of a business model by placing them everywhere lol

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We might go to China mart once a year, and it trying to find something specific without ordering online. I buy crown fuel for my Coleman lanterns and stoves.
I don't think Walmart is responsable for the big box store, and the civilazed world buying counterfeit junk, made with slave labor in Communist China! Everyone was doing that, just like everyone is shopping on line now, just progress I guess? That will likely put big box stores out, just like they put small stores out! I do think buying counterfit junk made by slave labor, in Communist china, has turned a backward peasant nation, that couldn't even beat Japan in the 30's, and 40's, into the NUMBER TWO ECONOMIC, AND MILITARY POWER ON EARTH, in only 75 years, and if we, and our allies, are not very carful they will be THE NUMBER ONE ECONOMIC, AND MILITAREY POWER ON EARTH, VERY SOON! AND WE WON'T LIKE THAT, NO MATTER IF YOU ARE A DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN, WE WILL ALL BE SINGING THE PRAISES OF COMMUNISM, LOUD AND CLEAR, IF WE WANT TO STAY ALIVE! THINK AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't mention TG&Y, Woolworth and Gibson without "Otasco". Fond memories of going to those places in my youth.
It's called natural selection, survival of the fittest! I know this improves the species by eliminating the weak , and lame first, but does that apply to the STUPID as well? It must not, or democrats would have been culled long ago, right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom