FYI- Traffic Stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On balance, he was a pretty good guy. Good writer full of useful information. But you didn't want to piss him off. He only banned me once, and I deserved it.

Who was that crazy Irish contrarian that moderated when Books ran the place?

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are right...never been a cop, so according to all I have no say in how my rights are treated. Officer safety trumps all rights....got it. I guess no one should post law unless they are police....got it. Police are always going to be lawful and hold to their oath....got it. Thanks OSA for showing me the error of my ways.

Sent from my SM-J737U using Tapatalk

Geesus, unwad your panties. The way you talk you EXPECT a cop to violate your rights. There is a big difference between expecting them to be and them actually being violated. Recording is fine, but do it discreetly. I'm not saying hide it, but just dont do it aggressively. And don't start the conversation by "I want a supervisor". No matter what profession someone is in, hearing that right off the bat puts that person on the defensive. Telling people to ALWAYS ask for a supervisor is asinine.

And for crap sakes just chill out. Treat the officer with respect and I would say 999 out of 1000 you'll get the same back.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reading this, and for me when I get stopped I wait till the officer walks up introduces them self tells me why he pulled me over and ask for my id and insurance. I hand it over to them, most times I am straight up honest and nice with them. If I was speeding I tell them yes I was for no reason. And most times I get away with a warning and told to slow down. I got pulled over once in Norman I knew my tag was out was working on going to get it, eve told the officer I had money in hand and was heading that way to get it taken of. He told me ok no problem but my insurance was out of date I never got the updated cards I told him darn it I forgot about that but will get it taken care soon as I get home, he wrote me a warning for the insurance and told me to get that tag taken care asap, And off I went, I never had a issue with cops pulling me over, never need to have a issue. I got pulled over right after I bought my truck was doing 55 in a 45, I looked down to see how fast I was going and was oh crap need to slow down looked up cop passed me whipped around I knew I was busted, pulled over right then. He was rookie in training, he walked up, asked why he pulled me over I said yup, I was speeding, just bought the truck and didn't realize how easy was to move along but as I saw I was speeding and went to slow down you already had me tagged so i just went ahead and pulled over and waited for you, he check my id ran it came back and told me to slow down.

Point being, be nice, be honest and most times you drive off with a warning, they are just doing their jobs, if the ask questions I answer them, where you going, home, work wherever. I would like to see more cops on the road watching, catching those breaking the law, more so those on their phones not paying attention swerving waiting for a pile up to happen, catching those semis that are unsafe to be on the road. Its their job, just like our jobs at where ever. I never had a reason to record, or throw a fit and tell a cop you are seeing my id for whatever reason. Go along with it, get the stop over with and drive off. Why make it worse and take longer then needed.

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reading this, and for me when I get stopped I wait till the officer walks up introduces them self tells me why he pulled me over and ask for my id and insurance. I hand it over to them, most times I am straight up honest and nice with them. If I was speeding I tell them yes I was for no reason. And most times I get away with a warning and told to slow down. I got pulled over once in Norman I knew my tag was out was working on going to get it, eve told the officer I had money in hand and was heading that way to get it taken of. He told me ok no problem but my insurance was out of date I never got the updated cards I told him darn it I forgot about that but will get it taken care soon as I get home, he wrote me a warning for the insurance and told me to get that tag taken care asap, And off I went, I never had a issue with cops pulling me over, never need to have a issue. I got pulled over right after I bought my truck was doing 55 in a 45, I looked down to see how fast I was going and was oh crap need to slow down looked up cop passed me whipped around I knew I was busted, pulled over right then. He was rookie in training, he walked up, asked why he pulled me over I said yup, I was speeding, just bought the truck and didn't realize how easy was to move along but as I saw I was speeding and went to slow down you already had me tagged so i just went ahead and pulled over and waited for you, he check my id ran it came back and told me to slow down.

Point being, be nice, be honest and most times you drive off with a warning, they are just doing their jobs, if the ask questions I answer them, where you going, home, work wherever. I would like to see more cops on the road watching, catching those breaking the law, more so those on their phones not paying attention swerving waiting for a pile up to happen, catching those semis that are unsafe to be on the road. Its their job, just like our jobs at where ever. I never had a reason to record, or throw a fit and tell a cop you are seeing my id for whatever reason. Go along with it, get the stop over with and drive off. Why make it worse and take longer then needed.

I would agree with your statements but only for larger communities and state troopers. For smaller towns, there's a bigger chance that the small town can't afford the quality of people that Highway Patrol, Norman, OKC, and Yukon can afford. These bigger agencies spend the money to 'test' their possible candidates and make a big effort to weed out potential problems or possible unstable individuals. Smaller communities many times get some of the people who won't pass those 'tests' and now they have a gun and badge and the power of that position turns them in someone you don't want to meet. It's like the first wave of people that were hired by TSA at all the airports for security. For some reason when they got that power, they used it to make people miserable. I think the TSA learned some lessons along the way but it took a long time to get those unstable people out of the system.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would agree with your statements but only for larger communities and state troopers. For smaller towns, there's a bigger chance that the small town can't afford the quality of people that Highway Patrol, Norman, OKC, and Yukon can afford. These bigger agencies spend the money to 'test' their possible candidates and make a big effort to weed out potential problems or possible unstable individuals. Smaller communities many times get some of the people who won't pass those 'tests' and now they have a gun and badge and the power of that position turns them in someone you don't want to meet. It's like the first wave of people that were hired by TSA at all the airports for security. For some reason when they got that power, they used it to make people miserable. I think the TSA learned some lessons along the way but it took a long time to get those unstable people out of the system.
I will agree with the TSA personnel and somewhat with your cull theory. I saw retired officers and state troopers passed over for 300 lb individuals that couldn't even tie their own shoes and others that couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel. That being said, statistics prove that there is definitely a hierarchy and there is the best and the worst that get hired. Same with doctors. There has to be the worst doctor in the world out there somewhere and someone has an appointment tomorrow to see him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom