Ga. cops bust man coming out of grocery store restroom with 6 guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grocery delivery driver goes to restroom at Publix store in Atlanta.
Delivery driver heard "clicking sounds" of man in restroom loading guns, saw an "AR-15 style" rifle leaning against the wall and told manager to call 911.
Cops arrived as suspect, wearing body armor and carrying two long guns and four handguns, came out of the restroom.
The suspect "...is charged with five counts of criminal attempt to commit a felony and six counts of possession of a firearm during commission of a felony.
He waived his initial court hearing Thursday and is undergoing a psychiatric evaluation."

News link below says five guns but picture in article shows 6 -- looks like Mossberg shotgun, AR, a revolver and three semi-auto pistols.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-m...n-publix-cops-say/44Y6FBBM4FDVDJQABYQTBOADBU/

ETA, quote above is from NY Post link:
https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/man-busted-for-carrying-five-guns-body-armor-to-atlanta-grocery/

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And there will be some that say “where’s the Due Process?”. This is the concept of Red Flag laws. In almost every mass shooting, even the Louie’s shooting here in OKC, there have always been friends or family members that recognized problems before the events that changed so many lives. All of the current versions of RF proposals are greatly flawed, but we really need to find a way to stop some of what we know is going to happen. I have no answers, but a lot of questions.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see this as a due process violation - this guy was observed exhibiting extraordinarily strange and suspicious behavior in a public place on private property. They had every right to call the police to investigate, and it *seems* a tragedy may have been averted.

If he has a legitimate, legal and plausible explanation why he was carrying all of that in a public place and hiding in a bathroom, well, that's a story to discuss in court.

Now, a red flag law issue or a due process issue would come about if they came into my home where I am sitting cleaning my multiple rifles and handguns and took them away from me.

I know some people will say, "Well I carry 2 or 3 handguns on me at all times!" Well, that should be easy enough to explain to law enforcement in a given situation. But carrying 4 handguns and 2 long guns in a public place on private property and acting in a suspicious manner is going to get you investigated every time.

<edit> I don't know what the basis for the charges filed are - I don't know GA law, nor what he did or said that could have led to them.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a red flag situation by my understanding of them. Someone loaded up with tactical gear/guns in a public restroom, apparently staging for something is on another level. Given only the information provided here, sounds like everyone got lucky.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Criminal attempt to commit a felony.” What would that have been, and how did they know he was attempting to commit a felony? Guess we’ll have to wait for those pesky details.

Latest posts

Top Bottom