Gah, No More Toys for a While. Or I Just Spent the Morning at the Dealership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On December 31 2021 we ordered my wife a new 2022 Expedition Limited. Got email two weeks ago stating the factory received the order from the dealer. This week got an email stating they now have a build date for her Expedition. That build date? April 18th. Mrs Parks 788 wasn't very happy about the delays. It only takes about a day to build the vehicle itself but will still probably take another 5-8 weeks after that to get to the dealer for us to pickup. So, probably 6 months to get a new Ford? Crazy!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On December 31 2021 we ordered my wife a new 2022 Expedition Limited. Got email two weeks ago stating the factory received the order from the dealer. This week got an email stating they now have a build date for her Expedition. That build date? April 18th. Mrs Parks 788 wasn't very happy about the delays. It only takes about a day to build the vehicle itself but will still probably take another 5-8 weeks after that to get to the dealer for us to pickup. So, probably 6 months to get a new Ford? Crazy!
We had a 5 month wait to get our F-250 in 2021 that was a 2020.
Wifes friend that hit a deer I discussed earlier in her Kia two months ago is still in the body shop waiting on parts. Parts not available.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if cars actually cost the dealer more now or if they are just using availability as an excuse to screw the customer more than usual? Tried to buy a Honda Passport last month and they wanted $2k over MSRP BEFORE they added extra crap like all weather mats and nitrogen in tires. They can keep them.
Things are going for more at auction for dealers.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if cars actually cost the dealer more now or if they are just using availability as an excuse to screw the customer more than usual? Tried to buy a Honda Passport last month and they wanted $2k over MSRP BEFORE they added extra crap like all weather mats and nitrogen in tires. They can keep them.
I read an article not too long ago, like a week or two. This was about Ford in particular. There really is no excuse for dealerships to be marking vehicles up above MSRP and hat’s what Ford motor company thinks. Ford said that they were going to stop giving inventory to any dealership charging more than MSRP. So it sounds like dealerships and salesman are just taking advantage of the situation. Somebody else mentioned that maybe inventory isn’t as high as it used to be or sales were low but that’s no excuse to be charging more. Most of the time you could buy a car for less than MSRP. There really is no excuse to be charging more. And like I said the Ford motor company appears to take issue with any dealership that sells above MSRP.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy that ordered a Ford Bronco as soon as orders were allowed. The build date keeps getting bumped further & further out.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I read an article not too long ago, like a week or two. This was about Ford in particular. There really is no excuse for dealerships to be marking vehicles up above MSRP and hat’s what Ford motor company thinks. Ford said that they were going to stop giving inventory to any dealership charging more than MSRP. So it sounds like dealerships and salesman are just taking advantage of the situation. Somebody else mentioned that maybe inventory isn’t as high as it used to be or sales were low but that’s no excuse to be charging more. Most of the time you could buy a car for less than MSRP. There really is no excuse to be charging more. And like I said the Ford motor company appears to take issue with any dealership that sells above MSRP.
Yep. Eskridge Honda will swear they don’t mark up above MSRP but add a $2k dealer protection package on a passport they won’t let you buy without. I told them I could come by and show them how to remove the POS Honda all weather floor mats but they wouldn’t budge.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to a dealership, you are playing THEIR game, on THEIR field, by THEIR rules.
Do your homework, know what you are looking for and be prepared to walk away.
Walking away is the best (only) advantage you have.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats great car OP. I have the same color N Line with 6 speed manual and love it.

Attachments

• 20210612_124816.jpg
    20210612_124816.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210618_092509.jpg
    20210618_092509.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210618_092448crop.jpg
    20210618_092448crop.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Top Bottom