Galaxy S22 Ultra...Pretty Impressive Camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, finally changed cell carriers to USCellular and thru various promos wound up with a new phone. A Galaxy S22 Ultra. I'm really diggin' the camera. It has a lot of advanced features that are probably beyond my skill level at the moment. But I'm having fun with it. It has a 100x zoom feature and a 108 mega pixel mode among other fun things. It's pretty impressive for a phone camera.

Here's an example of the zoom...

Wide Angle .6x:
A.jpg

1x:
B.jpg

3x:
C.jpg

10x:
D.jpg

30x:
E.jpg

100x:
F.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty good camera phone. Most all of them have gotten better over the years. However, in all truthfulness, that fully zoomed photo of the water tower is showing pixelation. That is the main reason that I don't rely on phones for my photography. 108 megapixel is actually astounding to a degree, but even that size of MP is still dependent upon the lens in the camera/phone to get good photos.

That said, without looking at "original" photos directly from your phone, I can't say anything but that most of the rest of your photos are pretty darn good. Posting photos to a forum in most instances causes the pictures posted there to be diminished, usually in "image size." That might even be part of the problem of that fully zoomed photo being pixelated.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty good camera phone. Most all of them have gotten better over the years. However, in all truthfulness, that fully zoomed photo of the water tower is showing pixelation. That is the main reason that I don't rely on phones for my photography. 108 megapixel is actually astounding to a degree, but even that size of MP is still dependent upon the lens in the camera/phone to get good photos.

That said, without looking at "original" photos directly from your phone, I can't say anything but that most of the rest of your photos are pretty darn good. Posting photos to a forum in most instances causes the pictures posted there to be diminished, usually in "image size." That might even be part of the problem of that fully zoomed photo being pixelated.
Doesnt increased pixelation come with more digital zoom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom