Gall bladder coming out tomorrow....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checked in at noon, procedure at 2pm, home at 6pm. Lots of small stones, the gb itself was enlarged and "firm" he said so definitely needed to be out of there. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. Drugs are working right now and pretty sore.

Good! Hope you are sleeping like a baby right now!

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re going to be amazed how crappy you have felt. When you are in low grade misery day in and day out it’s unbelievable. I fought mine for nearly four years before I gave in and got it out. I highly recommend getting started on some good probiotics. They made a substantial difference for me. Speedy recovery!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t had mine for 8 years. Its removal improved many things in my life. Mine was bad and infected for many years and it presented oddly. Good luck.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Mine came out in August 2020.
Never had any gall bladder symptoms that I noticed prior to my "gall bladder attack". Woke up very early one Sunday morning feeling sick and with pain in my side. Got worse as the morning progressed. About 7:00 am I woke up my wife and told her to take me to the ER. CAT scan showed that I had a bag of gravel where my gall bladder was supposed to be.
They gave me some meds, did a phone consult with the surgeon and gave me the option of being admitted right then or promising to make an appointment with the surgeon first thing Monday morning. I was feeling much better so I took option B.
Made the appt. first thing Monday, they couldn't get me in till Wednesday noon.
Still felt pretty good, went to physical therapy for my recent rotator cuff surgery and then just lazed around the house the rest of the day.
Tuesday I went to Tulsa with my wife for a DR appt for her. Not feeling bad but not great.
Wednesday morning and I'm debating waiting for the DR appt or going back to the ER. I waited.
Could barely stand up by the time I get to DR appt. Doc gives me a fairly quick exam and then tells me to go straight to the hospital, he is calling them and they will be expecting me.
Spent 3 days in the hospital on high power IV antibiotics Gall bladder out on Thursday morning. Doc said it was necrotic and gangrenous. **** was getting real.
I really can't tell any difference in what I can or can't eat causing me digestive problems from before or after.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy shitake mushlooms Batman! No wonder I'm in excruciating pain after knee surgery!!!

Y'all get well fast dude!
My old boss had knee replacement surgery 10-15 years ago, and he did everything short of threatening the doctor's life to get them to use a local for the surgery (he had very unpleasant reactions to general anesthetics). Doctor's response was a hard no, not even open for discussion.

My boss's daughter is a nurse, so she assisted in his surgery. She wasn't a new girl, but it was her first knee replacement, and she told him afterwards that there's a reason they use a general--it's a very violent procedure, with hammering and banging and bone chips flying everywhere...

My dad had his gallbladder removed about 5-10 years ago. I think it's normally supposed to be about the diameter of a finger, but his was the size of a pear. They started to do the procedure laparoscopically, but ended up having to cut him open to get it all out.

To the best of my knowledge, removing his gallbladder didn't have any effect on what he ate. He ate pretty much the same stuff before and after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom