Game cam woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He did get a lemon. After he filed a formal complaint through Amazon, they jumped right on it (see post #15). But, you shouldn't need to file a complaint just to get reasonable customer service. They replaced the unit, and this one is operating as it should. He said the last set of batteries lasted about 3 or 4 months, until this last really cold spell. And, he's getting a bunch of pics. Thanks, all!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. His replacement crapped out as well. Batteries only lasted about three weeks and had 'zero' pics.
So, he's ready to shop for a replacement, and is not gonna' go cheap this time. What do y'all recommend? TIA.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. His replacement crapped out as well. Batteries only lasted about three weeks and had 'zero' pics.
So, he's ready to shop for a replacement, and is not gonna' go cheap this time. What do y'all recommend? TIA.
I was going to re-express my opinion of cheap cameras, but never mind....
My recommendation for a non cellular is Browning Strike Force or whatever their current model name is. You can usually find one for sale for $100 or less.
I have several but only one out right now. The Strike Force I have out as a gate monitor is at least 6 years old and still works great after literally THOUSANDS of pictures.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to re-express my opinion of cheap cameras, but never mind....
My recommendation for a non cellular is Browning Strike Force or whatever their current model name is. You can usually find one for sale for $100 or less.
I have several but only one out right now. The Strike Force I have out as a gate monitor is at least 6 years old and still works great after literally THOUSANDS of pictures.

Thanks. I'm glad you mentioned cellular. He said he does not need or want cellular capability!

Latest posts

Top Bottom