Game camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wanting to know if anyone has Mountie 42i cameras and what you think of them? I’m pretty stuck on Moultrie and this look good on paper but all know how that is. Wanting real time use experience. Thanks

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t help with that particular model but I have a XV-6000. Seems like I have to manually reset it every couple of weeks as it just quits sending pics.

Cell signal seems to be good but it doesn’t seem to matter.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks retrieverman. Sound like good daytime camera. Will keep looking.
If you’re open to suggestions, for non cellular cameras, Browning Strike Force have treated me the best. I’m still using some that are around 10 years old, and I’ve never had a problem. Those cameras have taken THOUSANDS of pictures.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't remember the model but my Browning camera stopped taking night pictures after about a week. Seems to be a problem according to the reviews I've seen

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't remember the model but my Browning camera stopped taking night pictures after about a week. Seems to be a problem according to the reviews I've seen
Every brand has lemons, but my cameras average 20-25,000 pictures a year and have been taking pictures for about 10 years.

You evidently feel about Browning like I do about Cruddyback. If those SOB’s were giving cameras away, I would tell them what part of their anatomy they can shove them up. Their customer service is non existent.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every brand has lemons, but my cameras average 20-25,000 pictures a year and have been taking pictures for about 10 years.

You evidently feel about Browning like I do about Cruddyback. If those SOB’s were giving cameras away, I would tell them what part of their anatomy they can shove them up. Their customer service is non existent.
I've got a old Moultrie camera that is that old or older. I really wanted the browning to be a good one. Product of Taiwan. Seems all name brands are riding the brand name with cheaper components.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For non-cell cams buy Bushnell, or Browning like Retrieverman said, I have 5 or 6 Brownings and they have been great. I love all 8 of my Bushnell cameras, they just work night and day and are easy on batteries. I have never owned a good Moultrie and run like hell away from Wild Game Innovations cameras.

Latest posts

Top Bottom