Game camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up one of those Tactacam X Pro's from academy yesterday, have had several people tell me they're the only way to go. Now I just gotta figure out where to put it... lol

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up one of those Tactacam X Pro's from academy yesterday, have had several people tell me they're the only way to go. Now I just gotta figure out where to put it... lol
They are game changers. Wish I would have done it last year. I’m running 2 and will probably add a third for next year.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are game changers. Wish I would have done it last year. I’m running 2 and will probably add a third for next year.
Are you running double a’s or the battery pack? What kinda life do you get out of them? I’m likely dropping mine on some public land 100 miles away from the house for a few months.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Are you running double a’s or the battery pack? What kinda life do you get out of them? I’m likely dropping mine on some public land 100 miles away from the house for a few months.
Tactacam recommends lithium but I’ve just been running g energizers. I’m getting about 2k pics per set. The digitalis or at least the Tactacam’s take 12 batteries instead of the usual 8.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TrailCamPro.com is touting this camera as “the best sub $100 trail cam”. I may end up trying one.
Gardepro A3
Well, it took me over a year to do it, but I just ordered two of the Gardepro A3 cameras. I’ve been using the same Browning Strike Force cameras for over a decade, and the battery tray connections are starting to get weak. I fought with them all I’m willing to and was going to replace them with newer model Brownings, but I went back and read the Gardepro reviews again and decided to give them a try. I got 2 Gardepros (off Amazon) for what one Strike Force was going to cost.
It’s going to be interesting to see if they’re really as good as the reviews. :anyone:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first Gardepro cameras got here today (why they were shipped separately I have no idea), and I can honestly say it was super easy to set up. I’ve confirmed it works in the house, so now I’m going to put it in the woods.
IMG_0156.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0158.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it took me over a year to do it, but I just ordered two of the Gardepro A3 cameras. I’ve been using the same Browning Strike Force cameras for over a decade, and the battery tray connections are starting to get weak. I fought with them all I’m willing to and was going to replace them with newer model Brownings, but I went back and read the Gardepro reviews again and decided to give them a try. I got 2 Gardepros (off Amazon) for what one Strike Force was going to cost.
It’s going to be interesting to see if they’re really as good as the reviews. :anyone:

Brownings have been my go to camera. I have 16 running for several years now when I get one not getting good contact from the battery tray I spread a little dielectric grease on the tray’s contact points.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brownings have been my go to camera. I have 16 running for several years now when I get one not getting good contact from the battery tray I spread a little dielectric grease on the tray’s contact points.
I agree with the Browning. I just got one in the mail from Mack's PW this week and it is a new model. Very slick and easy to program.

Latest posts

Top Bottom