Game cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well now, seems like show and tell is in order. Which thread should I be looking in?

Picked up this 686 .357 from @Thorgrim last night:

20191115_210925-X3.jpg

And here it is with Big Brother 629 Classic .44:

20191115_211542-X3.jpg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
100 pictures A MONTH?!? A hundred pictures probably wouldn’t get me a day or maybe two on my place.:rollingla

Years ago (probably close to 20), Moultrie had a similar set up to what Cruddyback does now, but with their’s, you had to have a plan through their network. It was expensive and, like Spypoint, you had to basically pay per picture. I figured out pretty quick that I couldn’t afford a plan like that.
The HCO cameras (predecessor to Spartan) had to have a cell/data plan just like a phone, but there was no limit to the number of pictures. Still expensive but better.
My Spartans just needed a SIM card and a plan through Buy a Session (mine is $75/year for unlimited pictures).
My brother just bought a 4g Spartan, and now they are trying to force you to buy data through them like Spypoint does. There is a way to get around it, but like the HCO’s, you have to go to an ATT store and buy a SIM card. My brother bought his plan through Buy a Session.

You get 100 free transfers a month. The camera doesn't stop taking pictures after 100.

Their unlimited plan is like $15 a month.

I'll pay for unlimited during part of the year but then cancel for the rest and adjust the delay on the camera to work with the 100 free transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Poking around on the spypoint app and it looks like they have a multi cam deal too. 50 annually for up to 5 cams and 80 for up to 10 cams

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the Moultrie XA7000i last night.

Just got it set up and took some test pics, seems to work fine. Gonna head out to the place today to get it set up and put up a feeder.

Good times. Looks like upper 20s on Saturday morning, could be good hunting without the 5°F crap I had last time I went out. lol

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poking around on the spypoint app and it looks like they have a multi cam deal too. 50 annually for up to 5 cams and 80 for up to 10 cams

I think that's for how long you have access to pics in their cloud storage. I don't believe that is related to the transmission plans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom