Game cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of them won’t do ANYTHING. Won’t even power on.
The other, I did get to take pictures finally - for one day - November 09. That was it. Never transmitted, but pictures were saved to the SD card. Camera was in the same place for three days (aimed into my back yard at my dogs), just never took any more pics after that one day.
Heard similar time after time.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of them won’t do ANYTHING. Won’t even power on.
The other, I did get to take pictures finally - for one day - November 09. That was it. Never transmitted, but pictures were saved to the SD card. Camera was in the same place for three days (aimed into my back yard at my dogs), just never took any more pics after that one day.

Yikes. Hopefully they'll take care of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got my game cam up yesterday. It is super easy-peasy. Not good signal in the area I am in, it reads 10-13%, but it is getting pics and transmitting, so I am happy. :D

Here's one I got last night, just set up the feeder, blind and camera about 2PM.

downloaded637099145732525770-M.jpg

I THINK this is the same guy:

downloaded637099145459988590-M.jpg

I'm hopeful, considering how quickly he found us and the temp is still quite warm. Maybe we'll see more action this weekend, when the overnight temps will be in the 20s.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I just bought a hunting lease out by Perry, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how good the reception is out in that area? I'm headed out Wednesday to scope out my spot and put up a blind and maybe a feeder. I'd like to put up a game cam and have it send some pics. It's about 90 minutes away from home (one way), so going out just to download pics would be a major PITA. :(

If it helps, this is in the vicinity of Hwy 15 and County Road 34300.

https://goo.gl/maps/4y99orjXhWku4UMC6

See if that works.

Wow!! I'm surprised you are getting pictures of deer.

According to what pops up when I click your Google Maps link above, your "lease" is in the middle of the ocean, just off the coast of Africa.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've gotten about 80 pictures of birds today. <sigh> Turned the sensitivity down, turned up the lockout... this may be a problem. Looks like a lot of people have gotten pretty pissed off at these due to being OVERLY sensitive.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I've gotten about 80 pictures of birds today. <sigh> Turned the sensitivity down, turned up the lockout... this may be a problem. Looks like a lot of people have gotten pretty pissed off at these due to being OVERLY sensitive.

Has happened with all of my Spypoints (moving grass/limbs) until things get cleared out a little bit . . .

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The spypoints have made my season a whole lot better. Less trips, knowing where to hunt etc.
Sure i have had a couple issues, but for the most part works great. Antenna strength in some areas is my biggest complaint. Love the ability to run 12V batterys and to be able to recharge.

As far as grass, birds and small critters, i get tons of these, and have with most cameras i have used. but in a way thats good you know it is working well and sensing motion. just may have to do some adjusting of the scenery or placement.
sure wish they had a test button to make them take a picture on command.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I contacted support:

Chat started on 21 Nov 2019, 05:35 PM (GMT+0)
(05:35:51) *** Danny joined the chat ***
(05:35:52) Danny: My camera is overly sensitive. I cannot find ANY way to turn the sensitivity down further.
(05:35:58) Moultrie Customer Service: Thanks for your message, please wait a moment while our agents attend to you.
(05:36:53) Moultrie Customer Service: We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, an agent will be with you shortly.
(05:52:50) *** Archie joined the chat ***
(05:53:00) Archie : Hello Danny, I am pulling up your account now
(05:53:50) Danny: I've gotten about 80 pictures of birds in my first day. And it's not even noon.
(05:55:18) Archie : Birds are enough to trigger the camera. I do notice that the camera is not stable and is moving
(05:55:55) Danny: The camera is cinched down VERY tight with the included strap.
(05:56:26) Danny: But you're telling me that I'm going to be getting thousands of pictures of birds.
(05:57:08) Danny: This is a complaint that has been ongoing from many people for a long time. Some reports were that there was an improvement with a firmware update... but I have the newest firmware.
(05:59:47) Archie : Then the object the camera is on is not stable because the frame moves. These are long range PIR Sensors so if a bird flies it front of it in the short range then that can trigger it
(06:00:01) Danny: What is considered short range?
(06:00:39) Danny: I mean come on, you can't tell me that having hundreds of pictures a day of BIRDS eating your corn is what you wanted your customers to have.
(06:03:21) Archie : It is variable. Birds are live animals and create motion
(06:03:36) Danny: No kidding.
(06:03:45) Danny: Wow, this has been such a helpful char.
(06:03:47) Danny: chat.
(06:03:59) Danny: You can see my images...
(06:04:27) Danny: I've now spent several hundred dollars with your company on a product that is incredibly frustrating by being overly sensitive.
(06:04:32) Danny: And that is your response?
(06:04:44) Danny: "Birds fly."
(06:05:44) Danny: What have I been waiting, 15-20 minutes?
(06:06:06) Danny: I'll make sure to share my experiences and spread the word about the utility of these cameras.
(06:06:25) Danny: And the helpfulness of contacting support.
(06:06:27) Danny: Thanks.
(06:08:17) Archie : Yes, birds moving is motion.
(06:08:53) Danny: Thanks, Archie. Thanks for making me wait all this time in between your short, clipped and unhelpful responses.
(06:09:04) Danny: I'll let you get back to whatever else it is on the other end that is more important.
(06:10:13) *** Danny has rated the chat Bad ***
(06:10:13) *** Danny has commented: Completely unhelpful. Long wait. Obviously multitasking and not addressing the issue. First-time customer of Moultrie, unlikely at this point to be a repeat customer, and I realize I've probably wasted several hundred dollars. ***
(06:10:13) *** Danny left the chat ***

Currently at 95 images today alone (from dawn to 1PM) of birds or nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom