Game cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should say, I have been slowly increasing the time delay between images... so now it will take no more than 1 picture every 10 minutes. Supposedly.

I understand getting some images you don't want - but several hundred per day? When you have a data plan through the manufacturer that is based on image count?

I've dropped down my sensitivity to low (there is only low and high), I've increased the lockout now to 10 minutes (I think i could miss a lot of deer this way) and have turned my image quality down to medium - to increase my image count available, or I am going to run over the maximum alotted on the highest level plan they offer - which is $50 a month.

I am pleased overall with the ease of setup, with the quality of the device, the images, the connection (it is out in the boonies) and everything else - but damn, getting hundreds of pictures a day of next to nothing... that's incredibly frustrating and essentially unusable. I'm not kidding. HUNDREDS. A DAY. And THAT is with turning everything down. Dang.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should say, I have been slowly increasing the time delay between images... so now it will take no more than 1 picture every 10 minutes. Supposedly.

I understand getting some images you don't want - but several hundred per day? When you have a data plan through the manufacturer that is based on image count?

I've dropped down my sensitivity to low (there is only low and high), I've increased the lockout now to 10 minutes (I think i could miss a lot of deer this way) and have turned my image quality down to medium - to increase my image count available, or I am going to run over the maximum alotted on the highest level plan they offer - which is $50 a month.

I am pleased overall with the ease of setup, with the quality of the device, the images, the connection (it is out in the boonies) and everything else - but damn, getting hundreds of pictures a day of next to nothing... that's incredibly frustrating and essentially unusable. I'm not kidding. HUNDREDS. A DAY. And THAT is with turning everything down. Dang.
I‘m afraid I’m going to miss something on a two minute delay, but you’re definitely going to miss ALOT with a 10 minute delay.
When I had all 8 on my cell cameras out, it literally took me hours a day to go through all the pictures (with a 2 min delay), but I use cell cameras to know what’s going on at my place and what’s coming in to my feeder locations.
Pay by the picture takes all the fun out of cell game cams in my opinion and as you’re finding out.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I‘m afraid I’m going to miss something on a two minute delay, but you’re definitely going to miss ALOT with a 10 minute delay.
When I had all 8 on my cell cameras out, it literally took me hours a day to go through all the pictures (with a 2 min delay), but I use cell cameras to know what’s going on at my place and what’s coming in to my feeder locations.
Pay by the picture takes all the fun out of cell game cams in my opinion and as you’re finding out.
A couple of years ago we had 12 cameras out on two locations about fifty miles apart. No cellular cameras.

It was almost a full time job checking cameras and viewing all the photos.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
@tRidiot i thought you had a spypoint all along. lol
Yea you need unlimited..if they dont offer maybe need to send it back... i dont care about birds and whatnot, but makes a big difference if it was a cap on how many pictures. Dont give up on the cell cams tho, they are worth it.

Apparently on this medium setting I get 12000 pictures a month. Which seems like a helluva lot. But I really don't like a 10 minute lockout, it really will cause me to miss a ton, I think.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think I got it sorted out while sitting in the stand. @okieshooter777 and @BobbyV, can you confirm that this message indicates the cam and phone are communicating?
E100C0B6-5D50-4B60-8825-9A8AF2B1652D.png

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I got it sorted out while sitting in the stand. @okieshooter777 and @BobbyV, can you confirm that this message indicates the cam and phone are communicating?
View attachment 147191

As @okieshooter777 mentioned you can see if the camera and Spypoint cloud are communicating under the "status" tab.

It'll show the last communication date/time.

I reached out to Spypoint customer support about the issue with one of my cameras and they indicated their server showed a possible problem with my SD card. I swapped it out with a new one and will see if that changes anything.

I may be sending this one back for replacement since it's just over a year old.

My others seem to be working fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom