Gameshow called "Genius Junior" and order of operations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer Crosby

New to the site!
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing while watching. My guess- It is a verbal problem with appropriate pauses and not written down. I'm sure that they went over it all beforehand and explained how it was to be done and answered any questions the kids had; probably a few rehearsals.

Verbal pauses or not, someone hearing impaired or someone who knows anything about math, would see that what's listed on the screen is incorrect. Parentheses are the only pause known in the math world.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must have too much time on my hands because I am going to submit a question to the show asking them to explain their rules.

Haha! That's too funny. You know I can calculate cuts of fabric down to 1/16 of an inch and tell you how big your quilt is gonna be if you are 1/32 of an inch off on your piece calculations but I cannot look at a simple math problem without my eyes glazing over. And God help me if I have tonshow my work. I had an algebra professor in college tell me he had no idea how I got the right answers because I worked the problems backwards and sideways. I didn't flunk because I couldntc pass the damned test. I flunked because my "show work" was "faulty". :disappoin

Latest posts

Top Bottom