Gander mountain files bankrupsy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many people predicted the fate of Gander Mountain and now more information is surfacing. By filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy it allows Gander Mountain to clean up their dirty laundry, consolidate as needed, and potentially sell the company without too much disruption for their customers. Gander Mountain‘s timeline is looking loosely like this:

1. Solicit Bids for their company in late April
  2. Present the Winning Bid in Bankruptcy Court in early May
  3. Close the Sale of their company by May 15th
If it seems like a fast and aggressive timeline; it is. Gander Mountain made a public statement Friday regarding the matter:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2017-03-14&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They had a 10% discount on pistols and Beretta has a $75 dollar rebate. So I picked up a gun I had been wanting and the service
and help were really good at the Tulsa store. Not exactly a great deal on the gun but comparable to other dealers I did research on.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in once in the one in Sherman/Denison area - I found the prices were not good, so I didn't go back. Didn't see anything to draw me there, and BP had better selection/more stock if I wanted to pay high prices to have something "right now". Never went to the one in Tulsa.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to the Sherman store every now and then but only to look at a gun before I buy it someplace else. I bet I've never seen more than a dozen people in the place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only one I've been in was in Cleveland Ohio, just down the street from the motel. Had to spend three weeks at a time there on company business, so I'd go in to look around. Pretty high dollar, but it was the end of hunting season, so I bought some clearance Items.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Classic business (money grab) move. Expand, sell shares, die, make out like a bandit.

The earth is round...time is flat circle...every thing that is old is new again.

Ol Dick Cabela was working the same game but had a golden reputation and BP bought the rep. Gander Mt didn't have the reputation...so goes the way of the dummy. Midway USA storefronts to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom