Garage Door Springs/Inflation/Much suckage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use our garage door a lot. A dozen or so times a day. So every 4 years or so one of them will break and I'm ok with that. Check out this inflation trend for the replacement of two garage door springs on a 16 X 7 door. Same company.

I am blessed that I can manage this in my budget but great Ceasar's ghost that's a heck of a price increase!

2013 - $351
2017 - $385
2022 - $609 (negotiated taking off the $50 service fee or it would have been $659)

Let's go Brandon! Yeah CCP! Hip Hip Hooray for the federal reserve!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced the springs on my insulated 18x8 door a couple years ago. I took an existing spring to Overhead Door in Broken Arrow. They provided upgraded springs for my application. The wire and diameter of the spring were larger. They told me I would get at least 4 times the life out of the new springs vs the originals.

A2F61D2F-81E8-4A61-A62E-CDF5F13654B6.jpeg

I also installed this opener. You cannot hear the door open or close now.
87C5D102-6C06-43D4-9E82-C1A488C30F11.jpeg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To add on to SlugSlinger’s comment, OP you might want to make sure they are installing the correct springs. My FIL helped install new springs on our garage door a few years ago. He mentioned that he was having garage door springs go bad every couple of years on his door after his home was built. Turns out the original springs that were installed with the door were not the correct springs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom