Garage freezer question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Frigidaire 20 cu ft freezer on an awesome deal over the holidays. Thanks for all the suggestions. They were on point. I was going to go with a 13 cu ft but would have been kicking myself.

I’ve packed it with some meat that was too much for our kitchen freezer then took advantage of a bunch of post holiday sales at the grocery stores. Reasor’s had ribeye roast for $5.98/lb. Turkey was normal post holiday sale for .89/lb. Now I have to find a deal on pellets to smoke all this meat :) Should still have enough room for a 1/2 beef hopefully.

Thanks for the advice :)

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Frigidaire 20 cu ft freezer on an awesome deal over the holidays. Thanks for all the suggestions. They were on point. I was going to go with a 13 cu ft but would have been kicking myself.

I’ve packed it with some meat that was too much for our kitchen freezer then took advantage of a bunch of post holiday sales at the grocery stores. Reasor’s had ribeye roast for $5.98/lb. Turkey was normal post holiday sale for .89/lb. Now I have to find a deal on pellets to smoke all this meat :) Should still have enough room for a 1/2 beef hopefully.

Thanks for the advice :)
You should have enough room, I think you bought the same model as I did.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got the Frigidaire 20 cu ft upright last month from Hahns. Had one in stock at that time. Price seemed fair. The biggest selling point for me was that it is an auto defrost. Most chest freezers are a manual defrost that require you to once a year pull all the meet out and let freezer thaw out, melt built up ice and then repack the freezer. Seemed like an all day process that you need to find a place to put several hundred pounds of meat for a day. What a giant PITA that seemed like to have to do. Only thing I have in it currently is a couple bags of ice and a buck skull i need to skin out.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Have you guys with upright freezers ever had any problems during an outage?"

We went through a hurricane in '83. No electricity for 7 days.
I had a 4k generator for the RV. We stayed in RV for A/C and TV. Ran an extention cord to fridge in house and upright freezer in garage.

We lost a little, but no meat. I set up bbq pit, grill, smoker and turkey fryer. Cooked anything that thawed. We had just put 70# of peaches in freezer, a couple weeks before hurricane. I started making fried peach pies. Had a line of kids down the driveway and along curb.

The only large appliances we buy are Frigidaire, Maytag, Whirlpool, Kitchen Aide or Bosch.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the garage ready 15.6 chest freezer Sams club had a few years ago. Has a 5 year warranty. It has lived through 3 moves, the Texas summer heat and the great ice storm we had a couple years ago. Outside is banged up but the freezer keeps temperature and has never given me any issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom