Garage heads advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I finally got this project done! Here’s the obligatory pic; I’m not thrilled with the output of the 8W LED bulb that’s currently in it, and will be looking for something more like 15W with a ~2500K temperature. But it’s working with a touch-on, touch-off feature, so I’m happy about that.

6E90FBAF-6ECB-4B8B-A049-C6F6240DA3E5.jpeg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading the whole thread, I was starting to think it had been press fitted with no threads. You might check out LED bulbs and see if there is anything compatible with the socket. More light with less heat and electricity.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading the whole thread, I was starting to think it had been press fitted with no threads. You might check out LED bulbs and see if there is anything compatible with the socket. More light with less heat and electricity.

The company that made the fixture confirmed the connection was threaded. Someone had just applied some sort of sealing cement to the threads before screwing it together. Kind of like a permanent Loctite.

And yes, I’m sticking with LED bulbs. Just need to find one that would fit within the housing and be compatible in appearance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom