Garden 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to check my fig bush in the morning. It's too danged hot out there right now. I'm thinking about buying some netting to put over it here in the next couple of weeks to keep the birds off it when the figs start to ripen ... although I didn't have too much trouble with birds in the blackberry bushes, which is right next to the fig. The neighbor's cat likes to hang out there in the shade. Maybe she's keeping the birds away.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why, but my tomatoes, peppers (bell and Jalapeno) decided to produce in my raised garden. Jumped off the mower and had the wife take a quick pic.
Garden 1.JPG

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm trying to grow some fall beans and these $*%&#&$ are giving my plants heck. I sprayed with Fertilome Triple Action which is supposed to kill spider mites, it contains Pyrethrins and Neem Oil. I sprayed them 2 days ago, you can see in the video, it didn't exactly work and I'm losing the battle a little more each day.

Initially, I couldn't get to the underside of the plant leaves, so I made a sprayer wand that rests on the ground and shoots liquid up and away, allowing 100% underside leaf coverage. I sprayed the heck out of em 2 days ago and they're basically unchecked.

What can I use to kill these things before they wipe out my plants. I don't want any magical Green options made from Unicorn tears and Leprechaun farts. I wanna go full DDT on em, osprey egg shells be damned.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't know of anything that is food safe anymore. Back in the day Kelthane was the spray that killed those spider mites dead on arrival. Your .gov took that off the market because a baby snow seal in Newfoundland died being clubbed with a stick that contained kelthane.

gremmy11

Marksman
Reaction score
The harvest 2017 was successful for me. I grew up potatoes and corn this year. After picked up the harvest I got a problem – I needed to clean the corn, so to make this task I ordered special farm grain cleaner for sale this equipment is capable of separating out damaged or diseased grains. I will get this machine soon and hope all will work fine.

Last edited:

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Planted Bush beans (Wyatt) on Aug 23, had a spider mite infestation but I was Victorious.

Didn't know if I had enough time before Winter, rolled the dice. Picked 10 lbs on Saturday.

Here's 13 lbs from today, will probably be the last picking due to the expected Freeze this Sat. morning, my back just don't wanna pick any more..

Rp81ODy.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom