Garden!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man... I'm embarrassed with our garden after seeing the setups some of you guys have.

We just got it prepped yesterday and stuff will go in the ground today. We have a lot of starter stuff and rest is just seeds.

It's 60x40 so about 2400 sq ft. I used a disc to break it up then the tiller. Even after running the disc over it several times it was still a chore tilling up that much with a small-ish tiller. The local rental place has 3-pt tillers but you have to rent the tractor with it...for $400 day. That ain't gonna happen.

Garden.jpg

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve spent most of the summers in Northern Idaho for 17 years. Last year was the first year back full-time. I started some beds, barrels, buckets and grow bags; pretty cramped for space. I hadn’t gardened for 40 years. And it showed. Hope to do better this year. Enjoyed reading and seeing these here.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man... I'm embarrassed with our garden after seeing the setups some of you guys have.

We just got it prepped yesterday and stuff will go in the ground today. We have a lot of starter stuff and rest is just seeds.

It's 60x40 so about 2400 sq ft. I used a disc to break it up then the tiller. Even after running the disc over it several times it was still a chore tilling up that much with a small-ish tiller. The local rental place has 3-pt tillers but you have to rent the tractor with it...for $400 day. That ain't gonna happen.

View attachment 367378
I used a small tiller for years where it would take almost all day.
IMG_20230413_083554391.jpg

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this for overseeding my pastures, but am thinking about giving it a try (likely next year), it has a PTO driven straight tine “aeration rotor”, but a curved tine rotor is available from Frontier to be swapped out. It may not go as deep, but a couple passes ought to do an OK job.
1C357AED-E1FC-42B6-B9D8-3700CA25A1FB.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 367378
go ahead pull the trigger on one. I think I paid $1500 for my 3-pt tiller. Only use it 3 or 4 times a year.....but jt evidently paid for itself by your numbers in 3-4 years......get to use it for the next 10 at least for free.....and it's always here and ready to go.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i got taters onions cilantro and radishes out waiting a bit on tomato
Yea it's a little early for warm season crops. Night temps and soil temps a little cool. Rumor is weakened after this will be cold but not predicted to frost. But it might be closer in the north west corner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom