Garden!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does everyone do when the grasshoppers come. Last year they were everywhere. Almost ate my apple tree. Didn’t touch Nectarine or pear. even went after my peppers. Covering raised beds this year.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does everyone do when the grasshoppers come. Last year they were everywhere. Almost ate my apple tree. Didn’t touch Nectarine or pear. even went after my peppers. Covering raised beds this year.
Wish I had an answer. Spray of BT or neem would probably work. I am thinking of floating row covers to defeat the squash bugs/borers your apple will likely spring back.

1681174420379933.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will guineas eat grasshoppers? I know they eat lots of bugs.

OFF TOPIC: I found one of those mayfly looking bugs on the shop floor. It was missing a wing and couldn't fly but was still pretty active. I tossed it in the chicken box with the tiny little week old chicks... HOLY S**T! They looked like a bunch of little fuzzy piranhas going after that bug.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will guineas eat grasshoppers? I know they eat lots of bugs.

OFF TOPIC: I found one of those mayfly looking bugs on the shop floor. It was missing a wing and couldn't fly but was still pretty active. I tossed it in the chicken box with the tiny little week old chicks... HOLY S**T! They looked like a bunch of little fuzzy piranhas going after that bug.
Chickens are the most vicious animal in the barn yard. Little dinosaurs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom