Garth Brooks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Country music used to be a bastion of conservative living. Not any more. And Now Garth is using the excuse of uniting the country just to get a paycheck. **** Garth
The way old country "stars" chased women and drank liquor, took pills and smoked dope...I don't think it was ever really as conservative as the public image led people to believe.

As for Mr. Brooks. Maybe I'm crazy but didn't he say back in the 90's that HIS music would NEVER be available for resale? I think his record label or the music business quickly walked back what he said.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for Mr. Brooks. Maybe I'm crazy but didn't he say back in the 90's that HIS music would NEVER be available for resale? I think his record label or the music business quickly walked back what he said.
I don't remember him saying that particular sentiment, but he did get a lot of negative feedback for publicly opposing used CD sales (it could've been used CD stores; it has been a few years). His "nuanced" position was that he didn't like how it hurt songwriters, who, he felt, were already getting the short end of the stick from the labels.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Net worth of $400 million, annual income of $90 million, I bet he is doing OK being all washed up...

For a point of reference, he make $246K a day, eclipsing a good portion of the populations yearly income. He gives away more than most people make in a year.
Toby Keith is worth 500mil and I would imagine not near as insufferable as Brooks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom