Gas engine power washers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m getting the urge to purchase a power washer to use on my stock trailer and house. I don’t think I’ll be needing one with hot water capabilities just regular cold water.

What can ya’ll recommend and where to start looking?

Thanks, hunter966

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a 3200 psi Craftsman power washer from Lowe's about 4 years ago. I use it ever spring and summer for power washing decks and mobile homes up here around Grand Lake and it has performed great. No problems at all so far.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Do not get a bottom mounted pump. Get a Honda motor with an inline pump, preferably a CAT brand pump but a Universal is better than a bottom mounted. Ive worked on a few dozen. Hondas are much more likely to come back from the dead.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you buy, don't worry about PSI. Worry about GPM. That's the power to get the job done. The psi will come, but you want a high GPM or you'll be disappointed. Anything over 3 gpm will get the trailer clean and the driveway or the kids toys. You can also drill holes in wood or your foot so be careful. Injection injuries are deadly.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the pressure washer of any brand quits putting out high pressure, replace the check valves in the pump. They are cheap to buy and typically made of plastic. They do break and stick open.
My Troy built was bought on the cheap because there was no pressure. It was sold for salvage in case someone wanted the motor. $30 later, it was pumping full pressure.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you buy, don't worry about PSI. Worry about GPM. That's the power to get the job done. The psi will come, but you want a high GPM or you'll be disappointed. Anything over 3 gpm will get the trailer clean and the driveway or the kids toys. You can also drill holes in wood or your foot so be careful. Injection injuries are deadly.
This.

I wear steel toed boots

Latest posts

Top Bottom